If you are trying to access restricted websites, you may bump into a program or services offered by Unstops.net. This dubious geo-restriction function may be activated onto your computer in two ways. First is trough deceptive scheme. Unstops.net claims to bypass any website restrictions by just configuring your internet browser settings to utilize their server. Another way to do this is via Adware or third party applications. Through this method, installation of freeware can cause unwanted changes on the browser. Like the first one, it will alter configuration of browser’s proxy.
Either way, letting your internet traffic passes through Unstops.net servers can only cause several annoyances. This can lead to the display of excessive advertisements, redirects, and pop-up issues. In addition, Unstops.net can monitor web-browsing activities of those who are using their services. Gathered data are used to further enhance the display of advertisements, making it more relevant to user’s interests.
Even though Unstops.net is useful in bypassing web restrictions, your computer or any gadgets may still bear the consequences for using this dubious program. It’s either use it at your own risks or find another one that offers similar functions without endangering your online privacy.
If you need to remove Unstops.net adware and all its settings on the browser, please see the guide below. After deleting the entries, scanning the computer with suggested tools will help you find and eliminate any adware that are hidden on the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for unstops.net:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||March 11, 2017|
|Dangerous||Feedback: PUP||March 11, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||March 11, 2017|
How to Remove Unstops.net Adware from PC
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Unstops.net
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Unstops.net entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Unstops.net. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Unstops.net from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Unstops.net on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Unstops.net
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Unstops.net. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Google Chrome Settings to Remove Unstops.net
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Show advanced settings…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset Settings section.
5. Click on Reset Settings button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Unstops.net. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also download Chrome Cleanup Tool from this page. A stand-alone reset tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings to Remove Unstops.net
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Unstops.net and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Settings to Remove Unstops.net
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Unstops.net. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Unstops.net home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.