Unpollute My Mac is a suspicious computer utility software made specifically for Mac systems. It can be installed on the computer even without user’s consent. Attacker usually bundled this rogue program to a number of freeware and shareware currently deployed on the internet. Browser redirects is also used to drive user into promotional website that entices them to install Unpollute My Mac. Said website will impose various deceiving tricks in convincing visitors to download and install the application.
Once running on the computer, Unpollute My Mac may run a scan from time-to-time. In order for this program to ploy user into buying the paid version, it will send alerts about certain issues like traces of undesirable visits to adult websites. This illusory scheme is commonly used by rogue software to gain profit by selling worthless application.
In general, Unpollute My Mac is endorsed as a Macintosh utility program with striking features such as browser protections, private browsing, and eliminating traces of unplanned visits to explicit websites. It appears to be a prominent tool but it is alarming to know that it is affiliated to some PUP’s and Adware, which it uses as a way to spread copy of the program.
As of now, makers of Unpollute My Mac is promoted and sold without any valid evidence of its effectiveness in optimizing the computer. In fact, there are various copies of this adware that shares the same scheme. Thus, it is still unsafe to trust the computer in the care of Unpollute My Mac.
If you find it hard to remove Unpollute My Mac from your device, you can just execute the guide on this page. This complete procedure will help you get rid of this rogue software easily.
Procedures to Remove Unpollute My Mac
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac computer.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
To remove Unpollute My Mac from Mac, follow the steps below.
- Quick Fix : Scan the Mac computer with the Combo Cleaner.
- Step 1 : End the Unpollute My Mac process.
- Step 2 : Delete Login items associated with Unpollute My Mac.
- Step 3 : Uninstall Unpollute My Mac from the Applications folder.
- Step 4 : Delete Unpollute My Mac files from your Mac computer.
- Step 5 : Run another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Unpollute My Mac. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Unpollute My Mac.
6. As shown in the image below, Combo Cleaner accurately detects Unpollute My Mac rogue program. Proceed with the removal of the virus by upgrading Combo Cleaner to full version.
Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Quit Unpollute My Mac Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Unpollute My Mac window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Unpollute My Mac. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Unpollute My Mac. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 2 : Delete Unpollute My Mac Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Unpollute My Mac during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Unpollute My Mac.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Unpollute My Mac from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
As stated, the creation of Login Items or profile is case-to-case basis. Some unwanted application may add their entry on this section but others are not concern on making one. So, if Unpollute My Mac Login item is not present, please continue with the succeeding steps.
Step 3 : Delete Unpollute My Mac Application
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find Unpollute My Mac or any unwanted program.
4. Drag the Unpollute My Mac to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Unpollute My Mac
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Unpollute My Mac to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Unpollute My Mac.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Unpollute My Mac is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.