The product Universal PC Care appears to be a useful application for Windows computer that claims to have features like performance enhancements, software cleanup, startup cleanup, and PUP/Malware cleaner. Most computer users who are still innocent on the rampant operation of rogue software in swindling money from victims may be an apparent prey of Universal PC Care. The misleading operation usually starts with a simple pop-up advertisements disguising as online scanner. Subsequently, it will display several issues found on the computer and recommend fixing it by downloading the suggested tool, which is Universal PC Care.
Once downloaded and installed on the computer, this bogus security and optimization tool will run a local scan and similarly detects non-existent issues like malware or PUP presence, invalid registries, start-up errors, and so on. The objective for presenting such false information is to mislead computer users in order to persuade them to buy the full version of Universal PC Care. Aside from thorough scanning, the rogue tool consistently exhibits warnings and alert messages that are obviously scare tactics in convincing victims to deal with the issue in full urgency.
Universal PC Care uses variations of techniques to promote itself as valid Windows utility application, while computer security analysts reject this claim and classify the suspicious tool as potentially unwanted program (PUP). Their basis is simple; Universal PC Care belongs to a family of PCVARK that is notorious in developing and spreading counterfeit system optimizer and security software. Other infamous rogue tool from this group are Full PC Care 2.0, Win Magician, and Xtron System Care. Therefore, it is recommended to remove Universal PC Care from the computer. Complete guide to eliminate this threat is the topic on next section.
Universal PC Care Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Universal PC Care from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Universal PC Care from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Universal PC Care and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Universal PC Care using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Universal PC Care . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Universal PC Care entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Universal PC Care have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Universal PC Care.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.