Universal Driver Updater is a suspicious Windows optimization software that every user wishes get rid from the PC. It is deemed as invasive type of software that may be installed on the computer without user’s full knowledge. This kind of malware is spreading on thousand of computers worldwide through Internet connection. Software exploits and vulnerabilities in Internet browser programs are believed to be exploited by Universal Driver Updater to gain access on target computer. Malicious links from social media sites and spam email messages also contributes to the delivery of Universal Driver Updater onto victim’s PC.
Once executed on the system, this unwanted program can perform various actions to take control of certain Windows functions. Furthermore, Universal Driver Updater may not provide entries to instantly remove its code when user is not comfortable with it. In addition, this unwanted tool may alter certain setting on the PC without taking your approval.
Once Universal Driver Updater is running on the computer, it will begin to display suspicious warnings and pop-up stating several fixes needed to carry out on Windows operating system. Specifically, it will alert you on outdated, broken, and missing device drivers. Obviously, these alerts are just ploy to deceive computer users and force them to pay for the Universal Driver Updater product.
As you can see, Universal Driver Updater program was made to steal money from you using various method of deception. Never pay for this worthless program and execute the removal steps to eliminate this threat from the computer right away.
Online Security Scanner Report for universaldriverupdater.com:
|No issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Mar. 02, 2019|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Mar. 02, 2019|
|Unsafe||Ratings: Malicious software||Updated: Mar. 02, 2019|
How to Remove Universal Driver Updater
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Universal Driver Updater from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Universal Driver Updater from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Universal Driver Updater and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Universal Driver Updater using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Universal Driver Updater . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Universal Driver Updater entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Universal Driver Updater have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Universal Driver Updater.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.