Unidentified Locker is a dangerous ransom virus which was made to lock your computer and deny access to your own files. Just like other ransomware, this virus threatens to delete all encrypt files on the computer after certain period of time. Unidentified Screen Locker will then demand payment before you can regain access and reverse these changes. The leader which goes by the name of Subham Dasgupta will demand user to pay an amount in Bitcoin currency, which is equivalent to $1,000.
Normally, Unidentified virus attacks a computer with the help of another malware, Trojan, or virus. It find flaws on the system which it will utilized as an entry point so that the process is hidden to most antivirus programs. In fact, once Unidentified Locker is inside the PC, it instantly disables any security function running on the target computer.
The lock window contains the following messages:
Hi! I am Subham Dasgupta leader of Unidentified! Your computer is locked and to get decryption key you must transfer $1000 bitcoins to our account!
System Restore of Windows may help in resolving issues with viruses and malware. However, it will not settle problems with encrypted files if ever it was carried out on the PC. If your computer is running on Windows Vista/7 or later, perhaps ‘Previous Versions’ may help restore files from backup.
How to Remove Unidentified Locker
Ransomware files are placed deeply into the system and on various locations, thus, thorough scanning is vital to totally remove Unidentified Locker virus. Aside from our suggested tool, you may also run your own security program.
Though affected files may be impossible to decrypt due to complexity of the encryption, you can still try recovery method like Shadow Explorer or Previous Version as described below.
Stage 1 : Unlocking the Desktop Screen
Input the following stings on the Password field of the screen locker:
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Unidentified Locker and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for Unidentified Locker’s leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Unidentified Locker. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Unidentified Locker entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Unidentified Locker have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.