Two Click Search is a faulty application claiming to help you perform quick search on Google and Wikipedia. At a glimpse, this may seem like a valid and useful tool. However, Two Click Search is actually in the column of potentially unwanted program (PUP). Obviously, you must avoid this program at all cost.
Two Click Search enters the computer without getting permission from user. Once inside, this adware shows disturbing Two Click Search links or highlighted text. It is promoted as a helpful tool, but Two Click Search has this main objective of gaining online profit through advertisements. Thus, you may observe frequent pop-ups with label “Ads by TwoClickSearch“. We see nothing wrong with online ads. However, in the case of Two Click Search, it is using an uncommon advertising network. The same network is known to be the sources of adware and malware infection.
Another crisis we see from Two Click Search is its constant monitoring of users browsing habit. It tracks every visited websites, search inquiry, and relevant online interest of user. Let us remind you that logging your personally identifiable details can be too risky and this is what Two Click Search does. It steals sensitive and personal details from your online transactions.
Recent study reveals that almost every PUP in the wild right now has same traits. They are promoted as free functional tools with advanced features. Two Click Search allegedly enhances some features on your software but these are simply to trick you into using the product. None of this adware can be fully beneficial to end-user. So far, it is evident that adware makers are earning huge sum of money through their own advertising scheme. As shown in the image below, Two Click Search adds a function, which we see no importance. Hence, it can slowdown your browsing experience due to excessive display of ads.
To free your computer from adware and for the safety of your online activity, we highly suggest the removal of Two Click Search. Below is straightforward procedure to help you get rid of the potentially unwanted application.
Online Security Scanner Report for two-click-search.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Aug. 05, 2017|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Aug. 05, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Aug. 05, 2017|
How to Remove Two Click Search
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Two Click Search
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Two Click Search entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Two Click Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Two Click Search from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Two Click Search on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Two Click Search from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Two Click Search from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Two Click Search by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Two Click Search removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Two Click Search. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Two Click Search. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.