When Tvtabsearch.com is assigned to homepage, start-up page, or new tab of your browser application, we can assume that computer is under the attack of PUP. This invasion can be blame to installation of third-party software. Most computer users are not aware that publisher of Tvtabsearch.com packed this adware to free programs. Bundling the adware to free games, utilities, and fake software update is another trick to spread Tvtabsearch.com quickly.
As an official search page of MyTvTab, this hijacker may arrive with other adware. Aside from the mentioned search engine and new tab, it may come with the main program too. As you can notice, Tvtabsearch.com and company controls almost every aspect on the infected browser. Author of this adware mean to convince user to utilize its search engine and other features regularly. In return, Tvtabsearch.com generates revenue through advertisements and promotion that it delivers.
With visible annoyances and invasive techniques, some user believes that Tvtabsearch.com is part of computer virus activity. Technically, it is under the category of Adware or Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). Adware are less risky. It does not take advantage of security flaws to sneak into the system. Deceiving and misleading user that they are useful is its only mean to get an access on the computer. It needs user’s action in order to install components on the browser.
Tvtabsearch.com may not be as dangerous as malware or virus, but you must know that its presence still possesses threats on the computer. It can track your Internet activities and gather sensitive information. Thus, we suggest quick removal of Tvtabsearch.com.
Online Security Scanner Report for tvtabsearch.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||July 08, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||July 08, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||July 08, 2016|
Tvtabsearch.com Browser Hijacker Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Tvtabsearch.com home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Tvtabsearch.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Tvtabsearch.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Tvtabsearch.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Tvtabsearch.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Tvtabsearch.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Tvtabsearch.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Tvtabsearch.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Tvtabsearch.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Tvtabsearch.com home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Tvtabsearch.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please view instructions here.