TubeSaver is an adware program that delivers many pop-up advertisements on the computer. It is promoted as a tool that helps you save YouTube videos onto the hard drive, but once you install the program, there are many other things it can do without your consent. For example, TubeSaver will display unwanted advertisements as you surf the web. The adware also redirect your browser to pages you did not request in an attempt to show full page ads and banners.
This program is not literally a virus. However, some users call it TubeSaver virus due to its aggressive method in penetrating the computer. It was solely made to deliver ads and generate profit. It may not be as harmful as viruses and malware but it still remains a security risk that can cause issues on the computer. TubeSaver greatly affects the browser and can slow-down Internet connection if not removed right away.
TubeSaver may come into the computer without users approval through various free programs downloaded from certain locations. Installation of this adware is also not noticeable because it runs alongside the downloaded apps. To be sure that this may never be loaded into the computer, install any program in a custom manner. Excluded whatever add-ons you think are harmful and not needed. As much as possible, load only the main program and remove any other options offered during the installation process.
How to Remove TubeSaver
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to TubeSaver. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove TubeSaver Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted TubeSaver from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of TubeSaver on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with TubeSaver. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to TubeSaver.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. TubeSaver should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by TubeSaver and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.