Appearance of “Trojan.worm ! Ransomware ! Infection” on the browser is obviously part of scam campaign perpetuated by cyber crooks. They are using variation of tactics to mislead web users in order to swindle money from them by selling a rogue tool or influence them in availing phony online technical support services. Either way, web users should be very aware of this online fraud operation because “Trojan.worm ! Ransomware ! Infection” pop-up will not only rip off money from victims, it also causes security and privacy risks.
Seeing “Trojan.worm ! Ransomware ! Infection” may be due to script that is running on visited web page especially if browsing a questionable one or maybe, unintentional viewing caused by redirect committed by several malicious advertisements. Hence, there are also cases that “Trojan.worm ! Ransomware ! Infection” would pop-up as initial page during computer boot-up. In that case, thoroughly scanning the computer with legitimate anti-malware tool is highly suggested.
Below is the screenshot image and actual message displayed by fake alert “Trojan.worm ! Ransomware ! Infection”.
Message from webpage
Trojan.worm ! Ransomware ! Infection
Call Microsoft Technical Support
Immediately at -1 (888) 513-1849
Serious danger of data stealth!
If you will continue, following information can be compromised:
1. Password history
2. Browser history files
3. Your Credit Card Data
The Trojan.Worm virus are extremely dangerous, because it can steal all your identity and credit cards data. Any next actions, that you will perform on this computer or any related computer in this network will disclose your confidential information. This will entail serious risk for your security and private data.
“Trojan.worm ! Ransomware ! Infection” Removal Guide
Stage 1: Force Quit Internet Program
Most fake warning alert pop-ups are preventing users from closing the internet application to continually display the fake message. One way to stop the “Trojan.worm ! Ransomware ! Infection” from showing is to force quit the affected internet browser program.
1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete on the keyboard.
2. Click on Task Manager from the given options.
3. On Task Manager window, select the affected internet application that is showing “Trojan.worm ! Ransomware ! Infection” and click on End Task button.
Stage 2: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to “Trojan.worm ! Ransomware ! Infection”.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of “Trojan.worm ! Ransomware ! Infection”
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for “Trojan.worm ! Ransomware ! Infection” . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all “Trojan.worm ! Ransomware ! Infection” entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that “Trojan.worm ! Ransomware ! Infection” have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.