triple-search.com browser hijacker targets home page of every victim’s Internet program. It can affect software like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. triple-search.com replaces the default search engine with its own and tries to redirect results links to various web sites. Aside from start-up page, this browser redirect adware is also concern on your toolbar and it can add some items into it.
Normally, triple-search.com hijacker spreads through third-party applications. It is packed to certain programs like fake software update, online tools, and free games. Scheme ‘pay-per-install’ which is offered by some program developers is also taken into consideration to deploy codes that can lead you to triple-search.com.
Once the code is inside the computer, it will make changes on the browser. Home page and search engine will be replaced by triple-search.com. In addition, user may observe added Triple Search Toolbar containing links and icons for various web sites.
Technically, triple-search.com is not a virus. It may have entered the computer illicitly but this is insufficient to tag it as malware. Its aggressive technique of entering the computer is common to adware and potentially unwanted program. Even reputable sites are held responsible for deploying programs packed with unwanted search engine. It may be legal in some ways, but we still urge every computer users to stayt away from triple-search.com.
Online Security Scanner Report for triple-search.com:
|No issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 11, 2014|
|Link is safe||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Jan. 11, 2014|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Jan. 11, 2014|
triple-search.com Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like triple-search.com. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to triple-search.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to triple-search.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove triple-search.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted triple-search.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of triple-search.com on the affected browser.