Traffic-media.co is a website that links to other questionable web pages by generating a series of redirects. Once Traffic-media.co is opened on the browser program, it shows click-bait techniques in order to convince internet users into subscribing from their website alerts. Traffic-media.co present buttons such as “allow” or “download” to encourage clicking that will eventually enable the display of notifications.
The primary goal of Traffic-media.co is to deceive web visitors into accepting alerts from their site. Once enabled, Traffic-media.co will spam browser by sending notifications that usually contain intrusive advertisements or fake software updates. Associated ads by Traffic-media.co will run consistently on screen while internet users were browsing causing to diminish browsing experience and page content visibility.
The Traffic-media.co Redirect Scheme
Traffic-media.co can cause redirects to browsers and this annoying advertisements scheme is similarly employed on sites like Brainberries.co, Kischartsrelimit.pro, and Pushpush.net. It can be in a form of pop-ups that will appear anywhere on screen. Once clicked, it can automatically link internet users to other pages. Websites shown by Traffic-media.co can be risky for web visitors. There are sites that display malicious contents like adult-related pages or fraud sites where it promotes fake products and services, which intend to fool customers out of getting income from it.
Sometimes, clicking on something while accessing Traffic-media.co can activate pay-per-click ad scheme, where a developer usually generates revenue. Deceptive advertisements are everywhere on browser linking to other web pages where it does not really contains what the ad is promoting.
Traffic-media.co injects into browsers because of an adware or potentially unwanted program (PUP) running on the computer. It is very common for unwanted applications to cause infections into system, it triggers redirect to browsers such as Traffic-media.co. Another way of Traffic-media.co is through malicious websites that web users frequently visits like torrent sites, which could also display many redirects linking to other questionable web pages.
Not to click anything on Traffic-media.co can prevent further exposure to intrusive ads and redirects relating to dubious sites. In addition, removing malicious software on computer can avoid encountering Traffic-media.co and any other infections to system.
Procedures to Remove Traffic-media.co from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Traffic-media.co. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Traffic-media.co.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Traffic-media.co
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Traffic-media.co or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Traffic-media.co.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Traffic-media.co is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Traffic-media.co Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Traffic-media.co during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Traffic-media.co.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Traffic-media.co or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Traffic-media.co Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Traffic-media.co is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Traffic-media.co pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Traffic-media.co.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Traffic-media.co. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Traffic-media.co or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Traffic-media.co.