Track Your Transit Info is another malicious homepage hijacker that can easily replace browser settings if successfully installed on the computer. Existence of this potentially unwanted program (PUP) is confirmed by the takeover of startup page that usually redirects to Search.htrackyourtransitinfo.com. If that happens, simply removing the extension Track Your Transit Info may restore the browser to its previous configuration. However, there are times that this simple workaround may not be sufficient especially if the adware is associated to other unwanted programs also residing on the computer.
Track Your Transit Info is part of a large family of adware where Easy Template Finder, How to DIY, and Quick Weather Search are also members. This kind of internet browser applet normally spreads in bundles and therefore, aside from Track Your Transit Info, other malicious applications from this group are also causing some operational hazards. In these cases, getting rid of Track Your Transit Info also requires the removal of other dubious programs or extensions that supports the adware to be immovable.
Scanning the computer with powerful anti-malware tool is probably the best and easiest solution in dealing with stubborn browser extension that causes redirects, hijacking, and excessive display of advertisements. Via this option, technical skills on manually locating objects associated to Track Your Transit Info are not necessary because anti-malware tool can do it with full efficiency.
After successful removal of Track Your Transit Info, it is highly recommended to protect the computer with security application that provides real-time scanning to immediately blocks malicious internet traffic and downloadable items that are usually the cause of adware infection.
Track Your Transit Info Removal Procedure for PC
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Track Your Transit Info.
Remove Track Your Transit Info Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Track Your Transit Info, Search.hhowtodiy.com, htrackyourtransitinfo.com, or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Track Your Transit Info Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Track Your Transit Info or htrackyourtransitinfo.com, and remove it from the browser.
Delete Track Your Transit Info Extension from Safari
1. Run Safari browser application.
2. Click on Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the window.
3. Choose Preferences from the drop-down list.
4. On Extension window, select Extensions tab.
5. Select Track Your Transit Info or relevant entry and remove it from Safari.
6. Lastly, go to Safari Settings once again and select Downloads from the drop down list.
7. If Trackyourtransitinfo.safariextz is present, click on Clear button to remove the unwanted extension.
Remove Track Your Transit Info Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Track Your Transit Info from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Track Your Transit Info is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Track Your Transit Info, htrackyourtransitinfo.com, or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Track Your Transit Info.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 3: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Track Your Transit Info on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Track Your Transit Info.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Track Your Transit Info.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.