Track My Package is a Google Chrome extension that allegedly helps user track packages right at their own homepage. It claims to have tracking access on major shippers like USPS, FedEx, DHL, and many more. This promising feature of Track My Package is the main reason why some people are tolerating its presence on their browser even if it was not intentionally installed.
Track My Package and other similar adware normally enters the computer through malicious software bundles. This is in the form of free tools, utilities, media players, games, and fake software update. Track My Package and other applications that are in this bundle can be unloaded onto the computer even without user’s consent. Hence, sudden appearance of Track My Package on the browser creates a suspicion that computer is infected with virus.
In general, Track My Package is not classed as virus. It is presently ranked as deficient browser add-on that causes annoyances risks to online privacy. As usual, having adware on the system is always a disadvantage to end-user. Aside from having excessive advertisements, Track My Package can control settings on homepage and default search engine. In this case, it overrides user configuration with Search.searchtpg.com start page.
The troubles caused by Track My Package will persist on the browser as long as the extension exists. Therefore, to stop pop-up ads and other bothersome redirects, we highly recommend the removal of adware using efficient anti-malware and anti-virus scanners. Execute the guide below in exact order to ensure complete removal of Track My Package and other malicious entities from the system.
Online Security Scanner Report for trackmypackage.co:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Nov. 24, 2017|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||Nov. 24, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Nov. 24, 2017|
How to Remove Track My Package
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Track My Package
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Track My Package entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Track My Package. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Track My Package from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Track My Package on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Track My Package from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Track My Package from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Track My Package by clicking on Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Track My Package removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Track My Package. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Track My Package. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.