Torpedo Deals is regarded as doubtful software generally classified as potentially unwanted program. It uses technique known as bundling where Torpedo Deals files are coded together with a freeware and spread as one installer file. Without user’s suspicion, the adware gets installed into the computer discretely.
Just like any adware, Torpedo Deals was made available in the goal of making money over the Internet. It will display excessive advertisements when installed, which put it in the category of adware. Users who accidentally loaded Torpedo Deals into the PC deemed the situation as virus-attack. Even though they exert efforts to get rid of the adware, Torpedo Deals remains on the computer and still taking control. It normally harms known browsers like Google Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, and Firefox.
Aside from pop-up ads and redirects, Torpedo Deals also puts your privacy in peril. It can gather certain data on the computer that is relevant to online browsing. It records visited web sites, keywords used, and other online credentials.
It is also the nature of adware like Torpedo Deals to use deceptive scheme in order to trick computer users. In this particular program, it is endorsed as a tool that provides information on latest deals, offers, coupons, savings, and other online shopping tips with watchword “All of your favorite deals, in one simple page.”
Do not get mislead by SunnyDay-Apps. There is no need to have this program running on your computer. In fact, aside from the mentioned negative aspect above, this adware may slow down your Internet connection due to intrusive ads that it projects on the browser.
Online Security Scanner Report for torpedodeals.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Feb. 27, 2017|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Feb. 27, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: No Data||Feb. 27, 2017|
How to Remove Torpedo Deals Malware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Torpedo Deals
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Torpedo Deals entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Torpedo Deals. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Torpedo Deals from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Torpedo Deals on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Torpedo Deals
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Torpedo Deals. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Torpedo Deals from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Show advanced settings…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset Settings section.
5. Click on Reset Settings button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Torpedo Deals. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also download Chrome Cleanup Tool from this page. A stand-alone reset tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Torpedo Deals.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Torpedo Deals should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Torpedo Deals and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.