TopSecurityTab is an ad-supported program endorsed to enhance browsing experience by letting your surf the internet with caution. Obviously, this adware was developed mainly to gain online revenue. Commonly, advertisements shown by TopSecurityTab are usually targeted based on gathered data from computer users. TopSecurityTab was designed to monitor your browsing habit such as web site you have visited, search queries, and anything that is relevant to your online interests.
It is noticed that TopSecurityTab can produce ads in a number of formats. Pop-up ads, redirects, contextual, or full-page materials are just some that can bother your online browsing. These ads can be as safe as other online ads if not only for cyber criminals that are utilizing this infamous scheme to spread malicious software. Thus, be cautious when clicking links from pop-up with labels “Ads by TopSecurityTab” or “Brought by TopSecurityTab”.
Some unwanted program can be hard to remove due to various codes that was injected on the computer. Ordinary virus scan can stop TopSecurityTab but it may resurface after restarting the computer. Getting rid of all the installed adware is the only solution to stop TopSecurityTab from coming back.
It is a general habit for adware publishers to bundle certain unwanted applications into one installation file. So, installing TopSecurityTab, other adware also gets loaded in the background without a notice. Even known and reputable software makers are into this bundling technique, however, they will present options when setting up the program.
Mind your safety every time you browse the Internet to prevent adware like TopSecurityTab from infecting your computer. Obtain programs only from valid sources and official web sites. It is also important to have security software that is capable of blocking malicious file download and suspicious internet traffic.
To totally get rid of TopSecurityTab along with other adware, we have provided a simple guide on this page. Using various malware scanners is suggested to delete all hidden adware files that were dropped on various location of your computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for topsecuritytab.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Aug. 24, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Aug. 24, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Aug. 24, 2016|
How to Remove TopSecurityTab
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall TopSecurityTab
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove TopSecurityTab or Imali Media entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to TopSecurityTab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted TopSecurityTab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of TopSecurityTab on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove TopSecurityTab
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with TopSecurityTab. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove TopSecurityTab from Google Chrome
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from TopSecurityTab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by TopSecurityTab. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to TopSecurityTab.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. TopSecurityTab should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by TopSecurityTab and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.