TopMediaTab is a suspicious browser extension. It is endorsed as new tab for Chrome that can give you online TV streaming feeds. However, most users are not aware that this tool has negative aspect once installed and run on the PC. Computer security professionals classed TopMediaTab as part of Adware or PUP family, which also includes versions called FunkyMediaTab and FunTabSafe.
Free online TV streaming is the selling point of TopMediaTab. However, it is also promoted as a program that can give you liberty to access favorite shows and sports programs at no cost. If they can only achieve, makers of this program will try to engage as many users into installing TopMediaTab into their computer. The more people uses this software, the more profit they can generate from the advertisements surfacing from this app. Aside from loading bunch of advertisements, TopMediaTab will change your default home page to Search.topmediatabsearch.com. This search also intends to bring-in revenue.
Computer users who got this on the computer are fully unaware how it enters the system. They did not know that TopMediaTab is a bundle product to some freeware, which they have acquired. There are also cases that TopMediaTab sneaks into the PC beside another adware. As you can see, TopMediaTab gets into the computer using simple tricks and methods. However, uninstalling it is the opposite. You will have difficulty in removing all the components from the computer. Thus we highly suggest using efficient tools and scanners.
Once you the adware is gone, be sure to safeguard the computer by installing reputable anti-malware product. Choose the one that is effective in blocking similar attacks. In addition, avoid downloading suspicious program that usually carries adware like TopMediaTab.
Online Security Scanner Report for topmediatab.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 19, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 19, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 19, 2016|
How to Remove TopMediaTab Adware from PC
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall TopMediaTab
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove TopMediaTab or Imali Media entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to TopMediaTab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted TopMediaTab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of TopMediaTab on the affected browser.
Post Last Modified On July 19, 2016