Thor-hammer.pro website attacks a variety of well-known web browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox. It is a kind of doubtful website, which intends to allow push notifications on the browser. Some users mistakenly permits this alerts and Thor-hammer.pro will immediately start to provide numerous notifications. Such alerts will surely distract users while browsing the web.
How we accessed Thor-hammer.pro?
Unwanted access to Thor-hammer.pro site is possibly due to adware or unwanted programs that were installed on the computer. It invades browser applications without the user consent. Basically, it triggers redirects to harmful web pages like Thor-hammer.pro. Adware and PUP’s can cause intrusive ads to display on web browser. Once these ads are clicked, it will automatically redirect to other web pages. To make it short, intrusive ads associated with adware or PUP’s brought Thor-hammer.pro to your internet browser screen.
How Thor-hammer.pro affect web browsers?
Once we access Thor-hammer.pro site, it tracks the user location by IP address. From that, it will force web users to allow push notifications on web browser. Using click-baits like “DOWNLOAD IS READY” or “CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FILE” are presented to encourage users to click on it. The moment it is enabled, Thor-hammer.pro will run various ads that are extremely engaging on the outside, but risky deep inside. Clicking intrusive ads can redirect users to similar-dangerous websites like adult sites, scam sites, and any other untrustworthy sites. Accessing those kinds of websites can possibly risk the device and users safety especially in terms of privacy and security.
Thor-hammer.pro can diminish internet users browsing experience by displaying a lot of ads on the web browser. Consistent appearance of ads can distract attention of users while browsing the internet. In addition, we can never know if those ads are to be trusted or not. To avoid misleading and harmful ads, the best thing to do is refraining from opening any links from Thor-hammer.pro. Scan the device to check if there is suspicious software that triggers this kind of redirects. Don’t just randomly click ads here and there; always be keen to details before downloading or installing apps or programs. We will never determine when or how this software can bring-in harmful effects to web browser even in the Operating system.
Thor-hammer.pro Removal Procedure for PC
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove Thor-hammer.pro automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Thor-hammer.pro that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Thor-hammer.pro.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Thor-hammer.pro and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Thor-hammer.pro on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Thor-hammer.pro.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Thor-hammer.pro.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Procedures to Remove Thor-hammer.pro from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Thor-hammer.pro. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Thor-hammer.pro.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Thor-hammer.pro.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Thor-hammer.pro is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Get rid of Thor-hammer.pro Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Thor-hammer.pro. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Thor-hammer.pro are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Thor-hammer.pro pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Thor-hammer.pro from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Thor-hammer.pro.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Thor-hammer.pro list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Thor-hammer.pro from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Thor-hammer.pro entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Thor-hammer.pro pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Thor-hammer.pro.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Thor-hammer.pro pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Thor-hammer.pro from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
Stopping Thor-hammer.pro Pop-up on Mobile Devices
Aside from PC and Mac, Thor-hammer.pro pop-ups and redirects can also affect browser programs on mobile phones like Android and iOS devices. To stop the annoying pop-ups and remove its source, please execute the procedures as stated here.
Please take note that the tutorial in removing Thor-hammer.pro pop-ups from mobile devices contains automatic and manual procedures. If you are not a technical user, we recommend to follow the instant removal method to automatically stop Thor-hammer.pro pop-ups from mobile device using a malware scanner.