Thor-hammer.pro website attacks a variety of well-known web browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox. It is a kind of doubtful website, which intends to allow push notifications on the browser. Some users mistakenly permits this alerts and Thor-hammer.pro will immediately start to provide numerous notifications. Such alerts will surely distract users while browsing the web.
How we accessed Thor-hammer.pro?
Unwanted access to Thor-hammer.pro site is possibly due to adware or unwanted programs that were installed on the computer. It invades browser applications without the user consent. Basically, it triggers redirects to harmful web pages like Thor-hammer.pro. Adware and PUP’s can cause intrusive ads to display on web browser. Once these ads are clicked, it will automatically redirect to other web pages. To make it short, intrusive ads associated with adware or PUP’s brought Thor-hammer.pro to your internet browser screen.
How Thor-hammer.pro affect web browsers?
Once we access Thor-hammer.pro site, it tracks the user location by IP address. From that, it will force web users to allow push notifications on web browser. Using click-baits like “DOWNLOAD IS READY” or “CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FILE” are presented to encourage users to click on it. The moment it is enabled, Thor-hammer.pro will run various ads that are extremely engaging on the outside, but risky deep inside. Clicking intrusive ads can redirect users to similar-dangerous websites like adult sites, scam sites, and any other untrustworthy sites. Accessing those kinds of websites can possibly risk the device and users safety especially in terms of privacy and security.
Thor-hammer.pro can diminish internet users browsing experience by displaying a lot of ads on the web browser. Consistent appearance of ads can distract attention of users while browsing the internet. In addition, we can never know if those ads are to be trusted or not. To avoid misleading and harmful ads, the best thing to do is refraining from opening any links from Thor-hammer.pro. Scan the device to check if there is suspicious software that triggers this kind of redirects. Don’t just randomly click ads here and there; always be keen to details before downloading or installing apps or programs. We will never determine when or how this software can bring-in harmful effects to web browser even in the Operating system.
Procedures to Remove Thor-hammer.pro from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Thor-hammer.pro. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Thor-hammer.pro.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Thor-hammer.pro
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Thor-hammer.pro or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Thor-hammer.pro.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Thor-hammer.pro is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Thor-hammer.pro Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Thor-hammer.pro during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Thor-hammer.pro.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Thor-hammer.pro or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Thor-hammer.pro Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Thor-hammer.pro is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Thor-hammer.pro pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Thor-hammer.pro.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Thor-hammer.pro. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Thor-hammer.pro or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Thor-hammer.pro.