Malware makers are utilizing website such like Theworldofcontents.info as main distribution channel to spread their malicious apps. As shown in the image below, the website produce misleading pop-ups trying to entice visitors into downloading a supposed software update. In reality, what web user may obtain is a bundled application that when run will install bunch of potentially unwanted programs (PUP). Here are sample fake warnings and alerts originating from Theworldofcontents.info.
Adobe Flash Player is out-of-date
The version of this plug-in on your computer doesn’t include the latest security updates. Flash cannot be used until you download an update from Adobe.
Flash Player Update
Install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player in order to continue watching.
Although the pop-ups are appealing, keep in mind that it is still safe and right to download updates from official websites. As what is always advised by computer security experts, avoid questionable websites that offers third-party update like Theworldofcontents.info.
If ever web user downloads and installs the presented bogus update from Theworldofcontents.info, computers as well as internet browser application may endure the annoyances from excessive pop-up advertisements and redirects. In addition, adware that originates from Theworldofcontents.info may also collect sensitive data from the browser that may include user name, passwords, favorite websites, search keywords, and so on.
Users may encounter Theworldofcontents.info in two ways. One is through a series of browser redirects when paying a visit to dubious websites. However, when Theworldofcontents.info resides on the browser and it appears on every start-up, this may mean that adware is controlling the homepage and vital section of the internet software. In this case, removal is highly suggested. Complete guide including tools that are effective in eradicating pop-ups from Theworldofcontents.info is the topic on the next segment. Be sure to follow the guide in exact order to completely get rid of malicious objects from Mac and relevant internet application.
Theworldofcontents.info Removal Procedure for PC
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Theworldofcontents.info.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Theworldofcontents.info and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Theworldofcontents.info on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Theworldofcontents.info.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Theworldofcontents.info.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Procedures to Remove Theworldofcontents.info from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Theworldofcontents.info. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
Click here to Download Combo Cleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Theworldofcontents.info.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Theworldofcontents.info.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Theworldofcontents.info is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.