Publishers designed Theweatherpilot.com (The Weather Pilot Tab) as website to load questionable contents or redirects internet users into untrustworthy web pages. Accessing Theweatherpilot.com can usually force online users to visit pages they do not normally browse. Existence of Theweatherpilot.com on browsers typically caused by unwanted applications or adware infections into the computer system.
Ads and redirects from Theweatherpilot.com are possible because of its push notifications. Theweatherpilot.com presents different methods to convince web users into subscribing alerts from this website. It usually contains intrusive ads promoting fake products and services, bogus updates, or dubious software downloads. Clicking these adverts can also voluntarily install potentially unwanted program (PUP), adware, or any kind of possible malware. Theweatherpilot.com also generate pop-ups appearing anywhere on computer screen. It aims to redirect web visitor into various kinds of dubious websites such, which is very unsuitable and unexpected for online users.
Mentioning the methods used by Theweatherpilot.com, they present click-baits in order to trick web users. An “allow” button appears on pop-up window encouraging online users to click it. When internet users agree, enabling notifications activates. The web browser will start to receive various ads in different forms such campaign banners, discount coupons, or promotional surveys. Adverts deployed by Theweatherpilot.com will appear consistently on computer screen causing to annoy web visitors while browsing.
Furthermore, alerts from Theweatherpilot.com can also advertise links to malicious and similar pages as Searchsmart.co and Todayonlinenews.org. Such sites could possibly include sale-based sites, illicit streaming platforms, online casino sites, or adult-related websites, which displays unpleasant and questionable contents. Accessing Theweatherpilot.com is a minor risk but allowing alerts from this site would bring serious issues. If possible, avoid opening such web page for prevention.
As mentioned earlier, installed PUP or adware are the primary cause of Theweatherpilot.com onto browsers. Unwanted applications have the ability to trigger intrusive ads or redirects linking to suspicious web pages. Most PUP’s can gather browsing-related details as well as the personal info about internet users. Developers can sell it cyber criminals to gain more profit.
Theweatherpilot.com Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Theweatherpilot.com.
Remove Theweatherpilot.com Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Theweatherpilot.com, The Weather Pilot Tab, or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome.
Uninstall Theweatherpilot.com Extension from Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Theweatherpilot.com or The Weather Pilot Tab and remove it from the browser.
Delete Theweatherpilot.com Extension from Safari
1. Run Safari browser application.
2. Click on Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the window.
3. Choose Preferences from the drop-down list.
4. On Extension window, select Extensions tab.
5. Select Theweatherpilot.com, The Weather Pilot Tab, or relevant entry and remove it from Safari.
6. Lastly, go to Safari Settings once again and select Downloads from the drop down list.
7. If Theweatherpilottab.safariextz is present, click on Clear button to remove the unwanted extension.
Remove Theweatherpilot.com Add-ons from Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Theweatherpilot.com from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Theweatherpilot.com is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on ‘Installed On‘ column.
7. Select Theweatherpilot.com, The Weather Pilot Tab, or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Theweatherpilot.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Theweatherpilot.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Theweatherpilot.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Stage 3: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
Lastly, we will scan the computer with a multi-function security program. This will inspect the computer for possible presence of virus, malware, rootkit, adware as well as unwanted homepage like Theweatherpilot.com.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Theweatherpilot.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Theweatherpilot.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Stage 4: Remove Theweatherpilot.com Pop-up Notification
These procedures in stopping Theweatherpilot.com pop-up notification may only be effective if relevant extension do not exist on the browser. If ever there is a relevant extension currently installed, this push notification configuration will reinstate during browser start-up. So, make sure that you have removed any malicious extension from the browser before executing the following steps.
For Google Chrome Users
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following strings in the address box and press Enter on your keyboard: chrome://settings/content/notifications
3. Navigate to “Allow” section and find Theweatherpilot.com from the list.
4. Click on More Actions and select Block from the options.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox Users
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser program.
2. Type the following strings on address bar and press Enter on keyboard: about:preferences#privacy
3. Under Permissions section, click on Settings button beside Notifications.
4. Look for Theweatherpilot.com and set the status to Block.
5. Lastly, click Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Theweatherpilot.com
Not all adware and PUP’s are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instances, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Theweatherpilot.com is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Theweatherpilot.com
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Theweatherpilot.com, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Theweatherpilot.com and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Theweatherpilot.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.
Reset Safari Browser to Normal Settings
1. Open Safari browser.
2. Click on the Safari Settings icon located on upper right corner of the browser window.
3. Select Reset Safari from the drop-down list.
4. Pop-up window will appear. You may select all boxes for total reset or follow the options below if you only want to remove Theweatherpilot.com from Safari browser.
5. Please restart Safari browser for changes to take effect.