Thesearchz.info is a browser hijacker, which can compromised almost every internet programs including Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. This low-level type of browser threat is spreading online using the common deployment scheme for majority of homepage hijackers. The technique includes the promotion of relevant browser extension called FindMeta that is going to set Thesearchz.info as the default homepage after its installation. So far, the most effective way for adware makers to propagate Thesearchz.info is through malicious advertisements that some websites are running as part of their online revenue streams. Many web users’ falls victims to this Thesearchz.info because in the first place, the ads that promotes this browser hijacker are masking the installer file as significant software update that web user must install on their internet program.
Aside from unfair online ad practices, the popular option to deploy Thesearchz.info is via malicious software bundles that web users typically acquire from unreliable sources. The listing for these trendy freeware apps includes free games, system utilities, media players, and productivity tools.
One of the most troublesome payloads of Thesearchz.info is to replace an alternative default value on homepage and search engine. Once Thesearchz.info becomes the new start-up page, it only denotes that internet browser program is already controlling the basic and most crucial part of it. Another worrisome action of Thesearchz.info is it can continuously track web users browsing activities. This threat can record various private details like IP address, web browser type and version, visited websites, favorite sites, name, email address, and similar data that are not supposed to be in the view of unauthorized persons.
It is clear that presence of Thesearchz.info is risking the online privacy and safety of web users. Therefore, users should not disregard its mere presence. Remove Thesearchz.info as soon as possible to restore safety and privacy on internet browser application.
Thesearchz.info Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Thesearchz.info hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete Thesearchz.info Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Thesearchz.info.
Remove Thesearchz.info Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Thesearchz.info or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Thesearchz.info Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Thesearchz.info and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Thesearchz.info is also gone from the homepage.
Remove Thesearchz.info Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Thesearchz.info from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete Thesearchz.info from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Thesearchz.info is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from Thesearchz.info, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select Thesearchz.info or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove Thesearchz.info automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Thesearchz.info that assigns Thesearchz.info as the homepage URL.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Thesearchz.info.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Thesearchz.info and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Thesearchz.info browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Thesearchz.info still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Thesearchz.info on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Thesearchz.info pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Thesearchz.info.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Thesearchz.info. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Thesearchz.info.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Thesearchz.info. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Thesearchz.info. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Thesearchz.info. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Thesearchz.info.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Thesearchz.info extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Thesearchz.info. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Thesearchz.info should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Thesearchz.info and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.