The Phone Support Dock is basically a remote desktop application with added features. It has tools to locally perform PC maintenance and fix some errors. As you can see in the image below, The Phone Support Dock bar consists of programs like Win Clean Pro and Advanced Disk Recovery that claims to take care of PC errors and file recovery. But most of the time, the program pushes its user to call toll-free support hotline where remote technical staff will attempt to offer expensive plan to handle PC care via live help.
The Phone Support Dock can be loaded onto the computer as part of dubious PC optimization tools, which may come from the same family. During installation, The Phone Support Dock will drop files and registry entries to ensure that the program runs during Windows start-up. Although it is not as annoying as some rogue applications, we still find The Phone Support Dock harmful. In fact, it was detected as a threat by some antivirus application and identifies it as Suspicious_GEN.F47V1201, Win32.Application.SysTweak, and Program.Unwanted.78.
Due to these findings, we rather advise users to remove it from the computer. Complete guide to get rid of The Phone Support Dock is posted on this page. Be sure to follow the steps in exact manner to ensure complete removal of the threat. Scan the computer with suggested anti-virus and anti-malware tools to make sure that no more suspicious items will be left on the computer.
The Phone Support Dock Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like The Phone Support Dock through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like The Phone Support Dock, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete The Phone Support Dock rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of The Phone Support Dock
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for The Phone Support Dock and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall The Phone Support Dock from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select The Phone Support Dock from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove The Phone Support Dock unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds The Phone Support Dock and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of The Phone Support Dock using Anti-malware Program
To remove The Phone Support Dock automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like The Phone Support Dock that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to The Phone Support Dock.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.