The Phone Support Dock is basically a remote desktop application with added features. It has tools to locally perform PC maintenance and fix some errors. As you can see in the image below, The Phone Support Dock bar consists of programs like Win Clean Pro and Advanced Disk Recovery that claims to take care of PC errors and file recovery. But most of the time, the program pushes its user to call toll-free support hotline where remote technical staff will attempt to offer expensive plan to handle PC care via live help.
The Phone Support Dock can be loaded onto the computer as part of dubious PC optimization tools, which may come from the same family. During installation, The Phone Support Dock will drop files and registry entries to ensure that the program runs during Windows start-up. Although it is not as annoying as some rogue applications, we still find The Phone Support Dock harmful. In fact, it was detected as a threat by some antivirus application and identifies it as Suspicious_GEN.F47V1201, Win32.Application.SysTweak, and Program.Unwanted.78.
Due to these findings, we rather advise users to remove it from the computer. Complete guide to get rid of The Phone Support Dock is posted on this page. Be sure to follow the steps in exact manner to ensure complete removal of the threat. Scan the computer with suggested anti-virus and anti-malware tools to make sure that no more suspicious items will be left on the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for pcsupportdoc.com:
|Not yet rated||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Oct. 6, 2018|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Oct. 6, 2018|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Oct. 6, 2018|
How to Remove The Phone Support Dock
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall The Phone Support Dock from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select The Phone Support Dock from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds The Phone Support Dock and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of The Phone Support Dock using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for The Phone Support Dock . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all The Phone Support Dock entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that The Phone Support Dock have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to The Phone Support Dock.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.