The Coupon Store pop-up ads, coupons, deals, offer, and discount showing up on your browser only proves that adware is present on your computer. Freeware you have obtained may be in charge why you are seeing the pop-up ads frequently. The Coupon Store code is normally packed to freeware and shareware as a method of deployment. You may not be aware of its installation because adware authors make sure that The Coupon Store may not draw user’s awareness when being loaded into the PC.
Ads by The Coupon Store may be useful to some especially those that are fond of online shopping. It is endorsed as a tool that gives you better deals and discount to have huge savings when shopping online. However, most computer users who normally browse the Internet find The Coupon Store worthless. In fact, due to its excessive display of ads, people regard The Coupon Store as some kind of virus-attack.
The Coupon Store is not a virus. It never spread on its own. It requires user intervention to get downloaded. However, bundling technique is used to install the adware without user’s consent. In general, deception is part of The Coupon Store’s operation and uses several dubious web sites as its host. Thus, in order to avoid this adware, user must be very cautious when clicking on links particularly coming from unknown persons or web pages. It is also essential to install anti-malware tool that can protect your computer against malicious web pages.
If The Coupon Store is present on your computer and having trouble removing it, just execute the guide we have made specifically for this adware. Be sure to scan the PC with suggested tools and malware removal programs to completely get rid of The Coupon Store.
Online Security Scanner Report for thecouponstore.co:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: April 08, 2017|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: April 08, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: April 08, 2017|
How to Remove The Coupon Store Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall The Coupon Store
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove The Coupon Store entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to The Coupon Store. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted The Coupon Store from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of The Coupon Store on the affected browser.
Optional: Remove The Coupon Store from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by The Coupon Store. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.