TabCool is a nasty browser hijacker that sneaks into the computer in discreet manner. Once inside, this adware immediately runs various codes on the browser, which is popularly known as Extension. This invasive idea by publisher of TabCool is the main reason why security experts listed their product under the classification of Adware.
At first glimpse, user may see TabCool as upright search tool with a number of usable features. It presents several quick access buttons for sites like YouTube, Yahoo, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and so on. Somehow, these frills made TabCool to look more appealing. But, you must realize that no matter how catchy a web site is, there is still danger especially if it is unknown web site without firm credibility.
Like other hijacker as Startab.me and Tabtab.xyz, TabCool falls under the category of Adware or potentially unwanted program (PUP). It uses intrusive technique to get an access on the computer. Normally, user may get this hijacker from software bundles and other adware. Installation is masked with collaborated software, thus, user may not seize the loading of this unwanted search tool.
Once running on the computer, TabCool instantly replaces your browser’s home page with its own design. Likewise, search engine is assigned to use TabCool’s recommended search services, which varies from legitimate sites to questionable ones. Information you may get from shady search services sites may contain paid links that can direct your browser to malware-hosting servers.
It is a fact that browser hijackers such as TabCool are often associated with Adware and Malware. Therefore, it is probable that computers may also have other infections aside from TabCool.
Waste no time and remove TabCool immediately. Tools and scanners provided on this page are efficient in getting rid of such browser hijacker, malware, and adware.
TabCool Browser Hijacker Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like TabCool home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to TabCool. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to TabCool. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove TabCool Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted TabCool from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of TabCool on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from TabCool
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with TabCool. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to TabCool. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. TabCool home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by TabCool and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.