Sysenter Hook Rootkit is deemed as very notorious malware that may attack every Windows computer system. This detection is from AVG antivirus and covers a wide variety of rootkit Trojan. There are a number of ways how Sysenter Hook virus may gain access on the computer but the mostly used method is through software vulnerabilities and security flaw. Thus, it is vital to download necessary updates for all programs that are installed on the computer.
The entry and installation of Sysenter Hook Rootkit is concealed. This is the characteristics of rootkit that most antivirus program failed to defeat. In the attack, this malware injects a code to legitimate Windows process in order to hide itself. Usually, Sysenter Hook Rootkit utilizes Windows driver files or system files in order to run itself each time Windows starts.
While Sysenter Hook Rootkit exists on the PC, it can perform other tasks that might be deadly not only to affected computer but in the network environment as a whole. It also contacts remote server and tries to download other malware that brings added harm on the ailing computer. Hence, if Sysenter Hook Rootkit is identified on the computer, you must perform the removal as soon as possible.
How to Remove Sysenter Hook Rootkit
Stage 1: Remove Rootkit and Virus from the Computer
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Sysenter Hook Rootkit. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from this page. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
2. Once the download completes, double-click the file to install the program on the computer. It will update the database once installation has finished. Internet connection is required at this point.
3. After downloading necessary updates, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
4. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Sysenter Hook Rootkit. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Sysenter Hook Rootkit and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for Sysenter Hook Rootkit’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Sysenter Hook Rootkit. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Sysenter Hook Rootkit entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Sysenter Hook Rootkit have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
4 thoughts on “Remove Sysenter Hook Rootkit”
I just did all the stages from How to Remove Sysenter Hook Rootkit article since my AVG 2014 detected 8x SYSENTER hook -> 0xFFFFF800030D6BC0 and 8x SYSENTER hook -> 0xFFFFF800030D6900 and couldn’t delete them. All 3 stages didn’t help. They haven’t detected any dangerous malware on my computer. I also used Malwarebytes but it also didn’t help. Maybe it’s just AVG false positives? What should I do?
I had exactly the same experience as Slocham lists above. Downloaded and ran everything as directed and nothing was detected. Is it a problem with AVG? Should I ignore what they report? Any suggestions?
I have the same problem and I cant get rid of it. Please help!
Same experience as above – tried the three removal tools- no SYSENTER files discovered; tried Avast virus scanner- no result; tried Malwarebytes – no result; rescanned with AVG – still 16 Sysenter results; HELP!!