Having the SwiftCoupon on the PC is not good to the system. You must know that this program was dubbed as potentially unwanted program (PUP). The main purpose of SwiftCoupon is to earn revenue by showing excessive ads, deals, and other online offers. Furthermore, this adware may also function as data stealer to gather basic information it needs in order to show you attractive offers.
Adware, freeware, and malicious programs are the main channel used by SwiftCoupon to gain access onto your PC. It is bundled to a variety of software like video players, tools, games, and so on. People behind SwiftCoupon are using trick to install the adware in the background without user’s notice. It may also seek your permission at times, but in this case, the program will disguise as a requirement in order to watch online movies or download your desired file.
With SwiftCoupon’s installation, you will instantly see changes on the browser. Ads will pop-up from your browser especially when you are online and viewing shopping sites. On some instances, SwiftCoupon adds toolbar and other icons into your browser without even asking for permission. In contrary, what SwiftCoupon have added is irreversible. The adware prevents the removal of itself so expect that it is not present on add/remove portion of Windows.
In order to remove SwiftCoupon from the PC, you must delete the add-on, extension, or plug-in from the affected browser. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome are the most targeted applications of this adware.
Online Security Scanner Report for swiftcoupon.net:
|Threats Found||Community Rating: 0.0||Sept. 20, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Sept. 20, 2014|
|Surf with Caution||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Sept. 20, 2014|
How to Remove SwiftCoupon
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall SwiftCoupon
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove SwiftCoupon or Yontoo entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to SwiftCoupon. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted SwiftCoupon from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of SwiftCoupon on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove SwiftCoupon
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with SwiftCoupon. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from SwiftCoupon. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed SwiftCoupon extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to SwiftCoupon.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. SwiftCoupon should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by SwiftCoupon and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.