Ads by Swift Record appearing on top of Google’s search result are based on adware program that has sole intention of gaining profit over the Internet. It is installed as add-on or extension to popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. On Internet Explorer, Swift Record adware starts as Browser Helper Object which is quite difficult to stop once it starts running.
This adware is promoted as a tool that enhances search results. It presents other tools like quick access to relevant image, video and so on. Swift Record gets installed on the computer through third-party apps coming from various sources. Programs where this adware is packed is similarly hosted on various reputable web sites, thus you must take extra caution when installing freeware or shareware.
Once inside Windows system, Swift Record adware alters settings on the browser. It drops add-ons and extensions that may result to manipulation of search results. Changes can also cause the “Ads by Swift Record” to appear as part of other malware.
As you can see, Ads by Swift Record easily gets into the computer even without your permission. When you find it annoying and wanted to get rid of it, the adware will not allow you to perform such. Adware has locked itself onto your system and will require complex removal process to get deleted.
Different anti-virus and anti-malware programs may name this threat according to their patterns. Here are some detection names: PUP.Optional.SwiftRecord
Online Security Scanner Report for theswiftrecord.com:
|Warning||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Oct. 26, 2015|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Oct. 26, 2015|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Oct. 26, 2015|
How to Remove Swift Record Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Swift Record
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Swift Record entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to “Ads by Swift Record”. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted “Ads by Swift Record” from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of “Ads by Swift Record” on the affected browser.