SweetCoupon is an adware will inject advertisements and other promotions on your browser. It mainly affects popular programs like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. SweetCoupon runs as browser helper object (BHO), thus, it doesn’t require any execution to run on the computer. The code is put into the browser as add-on or extension.
Adware like SweetCoupon is just a copycat of SwiftCoupon and UniCoupon. These mentioned programs came from the same family that produces a lot of adware and potentially unwanted program. Only thing differs is the web page where the installation file is hosted and name of the product. Some sort of rebranding was made to create another version of SweetCoupon.
Deals, coupons, and savings are what you may get from SweetCoupon. This is useful to some who love to shop online. But still, we still do not encourage using this program. In fact, there are many legitimate programs out there that can give exact benefits without endangering your privacy. You must know that SweetCoupon will gather sensitive data from your PC. Not to mention that browsing habit, web site visited, and search keywords are being monitored by SweetCoupon during its presence.
Removing SweetCoupon adware from the PC is highly suggested. By deleting this adware, your privacy will not be at risk. Furthermore, there will be no more bothering like pop-up ads and banner. Follow the procedures below to totally remove SweetCoupon from your Windows system.
Online Security Scanner Report for sweetcoupon.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Sept. 20, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Sept. 20, 2014|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: No Data||Sept. 20, 2014|
How to Remove SweetCoupon
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall SweetCoupon
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove SweetCoupon entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to SweetCoupon. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted SweetCoupon from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of SweetCoupon on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove SweetCoupon
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with SweetCoupon. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from SweetCoupon. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Advanced‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset settings to their original defaults button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed SweetCoupon extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to SweetCoupon.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. SweetCoupon should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by SweetCoupon and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.