Super Cleanup is an illusory PC maintenance and optimization program made to run on Windows operating system. Computer security experts found this as rogue tool that aims to swindle money from nave victims. It is obvious that Super Cleanup is just a variation of so many pretentious tools including Reg Tuneup, Mac Purifier, and many more.
As always, rogue program like Super Cleanup is using deceptive technique to be installed. Most of the time, it is utilizing fake web page scanner that hijacks browser programs. Web page content is filled with various warnings and alerts that induce visitors to download a copy of Super Cleanup. Obviously, worried web user is left with no option but to adhere to instructions to obtain and install the program hoping that it is the solution to resolve displayed warnings.
Once Super Cleanup installed a local copy on user’s computer, it immediately initiates a full scan. As seen on the image below, the program will issue errors involving system files, Com and ActiveX items, and Startup objects. The display of these registry errors is another way for Super Cleanup to scare victims. Hence this time, it will advise users to purchase the full version of the program. It is clear that it wants user to spend for this doubtful and useless application.
The real solution to this issue is to remove Super Cleanup itself. For a complete guide to clean the computer, see the special section on this page. Thoroughly scan the computer with virus and malware removal tool as instructed to ensure complete removal of Super Cleanup and relevant malicious objects.
Online Security Scanner Report for supercleanup.com:
|Not yet rated||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: May 16, 2018|
|Unverified||Feedback: No Data||Updated: May 16, 2018|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: May 16, 2018|
How to Remove Super Cleanup
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Super Cleanup from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Super Cleanup from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Super Cleanup and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Super Cleanup using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Super Cleanup . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Super Cleanup entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Super Cleanup have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Super Cleanup.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.