Super Cleanup is an illusory PC maintenance and optimization program made to run on Windows operating system. Computer security experts found this as rogue tool that aims to swindle money from nave victims. It is obvious that Super Cleanup is just a variation of so many pretentious tools including Reg Tuneup, Mac Purifier, and many more.
As always, rogue program like Super Cleanup is using deceptive technique to be installed. Most of the time, it is utilizing fake web page scanner that hijacks browser programs. Web page content is filled with various warnings and alerts that induce visitors to download a copy of Super Cleanup. Obviously, worried web user is left with no option but to adhere to instructions to obtain and install the program hoping that it is the solution to resolve displayed warnings.
Once Super Cleanup installed a local copy on user’s computer, it immediately initiates a full scan. As seen on the image below, the program will issue errors involving system files, Com and ActiveX items, and Startup objects. The display of these registry errors is another way for Super Cleanup to scare victims. Hence this time, it will advise users to purchase the full version of the program. It is clear that it wants user to spend for this doubtful and useless application.
The real solution to this issue is to remove Super Cleanup itself. For a complete guide to clean the computer, see the special section on this page. Thoroughly scan the computer with virus and malware removal tool as instructed to ensure complete removal of Super Cleanup and relevant malicious objects.
Super Cleanup Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Super Cleanup through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Super Cleanup, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Super Cleanup rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Super Cleanup
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Super Cleanup and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Super Cleanup from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Super Cleanup from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Super Cleanup unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Super Cleanup and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Super Cleanup using Anti-malware Program
To remove Super Cleanup automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Super Cleanup that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Super Cleanup.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.