Have you noticed weird ads or coupons popping-up when you try to log on to Amazon or eBay websites? If you do, it is best to remove adware such as Super Back-up from your computer system. This is a common problem facing not just by online shoppers but also with many PC users. They forgot to consider that the free software they download and installed might be bundled with adware or unwanted program.
The usual reason why people got Super Back-up adware without any approval is due to skipped options whether or not to include the program during installation. In fact, you have all the options not to have Super Back-up on the computer if you only unchecked its field while installing a downloaded program. You did not pay much attention that is why you fall into this adware. Although Super Back-up is not that harmful compared to computer viruses, it is still not advisable to keep it running onto your Windows system.
You may decrease the chances of exploiting your PC by third party if you delete the Super Back-up adware as soon as you can. This is the only way to assure that it cannot cause more damages on your system otherwise; your security would be at risk. Super Back-up may track your browsing habit and can steal your vital data like username and password. Please do not hesitate to remove Super Back-up. Don’t choose the little benefit you can get from having this online shopping tool if you will end up in trouble in the end.
To secure your computer from any danger, you have to remove this program right away. The entire procedure on this might not as complicated as you think in order to remove Super Back-up and stop the ads from appearing. You can do it by yourselves. You just have to follow the steps carefully to get it done right.
How Super Back-up adware enters a computer?
Adware typically penetrate a computer by incorporating itself to freeware and shareware. Users normally have no intention of downloading and installing the adware like Super Back-up. However, since they are bundled, two or more programs will get installed by executing the desired software.
How to Stop Super Back-up Ads (Removal Guide)
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Super Back-up. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove “Super Back-up” Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Super Back-up from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Super Back-up on the affected browser.
Optional: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Super Back-up
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Super Back-up. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Super Back-up. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, you can view complete procedures here.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Super Back-up should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Super Back-up and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the instructions manually, please see this specific procedure.