“Search for your favorite music online. Stay updated with the latest news and trends in the world of music.”
This slogan of StreamFrenzy meant to attract web users especially those that are akin to online radios and music contents. The StreamFrenzy Search, which is destined to be the default homepage after adware installation, claims to give user a powerful online search experience when looking for favorite music.
In reality, StreamFrenzy is just another potentially unwanted program (PUP) from MyWay’s family of adware. Its tactics of using intrusive entry on Google Chrome browser is very similar to TV Hero and Screen Dream, another notorious browser extension from the same group. All of these PUP’s are designed to control browser settings and make itself as the new default start-up page.
Existence of StreamFrenzy on the computer is not due to any type of virus infections. Its entry is primarily due to user’s carelessness when downloading and installing freeware. Most of the time, users are not aware that free programs are packed with other applications that utilizes stealthy installation method. This is what happens during the browser occupation of StreamFrenzy. Following the installation is an unsolicited modification of homepage, new tab, and search tool. Image shown below will be the new setup of these pages.
In order to restore the browser to previous settings and delete StreamFrenzy from vital pages, it is necessary to remove the unsolicited extension. For this reason, we made a simple and effective guide below. Be sure to follow the instructions in exact order to completely remove StreamFrenzy adware.
StreamFrenzy Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Remove StreamFrenzy from Google Chrome
We are presenting various options to remove StreamFrenzy from Google Chrome browser using only internal functions and approach. Most of browser annoyances can be fixed via these processes. If StreamFrenzy persists after executing these steps, it is better to run anti-malware scan as suggested below.
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove StreamFrenzy from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete StreamFrenzy by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of StreamFrenzy removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from StreamFrenzy. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar, please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by StreamFrenzy. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data.
Option 3 – Use Google Chrome Clean Up Feature
1. On Google Chrome address bar, input this string: chrome://settings/cleanup and then press Enter on keyboard.
2. Click Find button to start scanning the computer.
Step 2 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall StreamFrenzy
The main cause of homepage hijacking and browser redirect could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove StreamFrenzy entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 3 : Scan the computer with MBAM Tool
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to StreamFrenzy.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including StreamFrenzy and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
Step 4 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to StreamFrenzy. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.