Startwebsearch.com is a questionable search engine that utilizes dubious extension to modify existing internet browser settings. This action will permanently hijack homepage to run Startwebsearch.com as the default search engine. In fact, the adware have already replaced user’s preferences without their knowledge. It was carried out secretly right after Startwebsearch.com extension gained an access to computer.
When third-party application that is carrying Startwebsearch.com is installed on the PC, it initializes the loading of adware in the background. It modifies settigns on your browser programs like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Edge. In most cases, these changes not only affect homepage and search settings, more dangerous is its ability to track your online browsing activities and records sensitive information.
Moreover, browser that are affected with Startwebsearch.com may also suffer from various redirects and excessive display of pop-up ads like banners and full-page endorsements. Authors of this adware aim to monetize their creation via this annoying scheme.
As you already know, Startwebsearch.com may come with dubious freeware. Hence, you must pay attention to recently installed software especially if it originates from doubtful developer. Startwebsearch.com may not be the only adware dropped by this dubious freeware. There may be other adware on the computer that causes redirects, excessive display of advertisements, and stealing sensitive data from your PC.
In order to fully remove Startwebsearch.com and other dangerous items from the computer, we have prepared a simple yet effective guide on this page. Scan the system with efficient anti-malware and anti-virus tools to locate and delete hidden entities linked to adware. Make sure to carry out the procedures in exact manner to ensure successful removal of Startwebsearch.com and all relevant unwanted programs.
Online Security Scanner Report for startwebsearch.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||July 17, 2017|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||July 17, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||July 17, 2017|
Startwebsearch.com Removal Procedure
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This malware and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Startwebsearch.com home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Startwebsearch.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Startwebsearch.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Startwebsearch.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Startwebsearch.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Startwebsearch.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Startwebsearch.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Startwebsearch.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Google Chrome Settings to Remove Startwebsearch.com
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Startwebsearch.com. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings to Remove Startwebsearch.com
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Startwebsearch.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please view instructions here.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Settings to Remove Startwebsearch.com
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Startwebsearch.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up’. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Startwebsearch.com home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.