Stargrass.club is a malicious website, which online users do not intend to see but was forced to view due to a series of redirects when visiting malicious web pages. It exhibits deceptive advertisements aiming to trick web users into downloading a file. Stargrass.club also intends to send notifications straight to browser program. If user agrees to this prompt, the site will begin to deploy various intrusive advertisements. Such ads can promote frauds or fake updates, or it can automatically install an unwanted application directly to the computer. In the image below, the URL Canvas.stargrass.club is asking web user to download an app that could possibly lead to PUP or malware infection when permitted.
This kind of malicious website is typically brought by adware or potentially unwanted programs (PUP) installed on the computer. If ever the questionable website appears on the browser, it only means that there is an existing suspicious apps on the computer. There is a big possibility that an unwanted program is running on the background or is integrated to the browser. Adware or PUP can infiltrate into computers without the knowledge of web user. Downloading software from questionable websites, especially freeware normally incorporates unwanted apps on the installation process. This is called “bundling”, which the host program is offering to install extra applications that are usually a PUP.
Further access to Stargrass.club could be risky but web users should not really enable notifications from this website. Though it displays encouraging ads or contents, be aware that clicking any of those could generate income for adware makers that employs a pay-per-click advertising scheme. It is obvious that the main objective of Stargrass.club is to gain profit by exploiting the compromised internet software.
It is very important to scan the computer as much as possible for earlier detection of malware and prevent it to cause more damage and issues to the operating system. Stargrass.club only affects browsers, but it could probably lead to serious virus infection in the future.
Procedures to Remove Stargrass.club from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Stargrass.club. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Stargrass.club.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Stargrass.club
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Stargrass.club or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Stargrass.club.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Stargrass.club is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Stargrass.club Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Stargrass.club during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Stargrass.club.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Stargrass.club or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Stargrass.club Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Stargrass.club is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Stargrass.club pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Stargrass.club.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Stargrass.club. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Stargrass.club or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Stargrass.club.