SpeedUp PC 2018 is a suspicious program but currently promoted as PC optimization and security tool. It claims to have a state of the art technology to keep PC’s running smooth, fast, and error-free. However, computer security experts noticed some irregularities with SpeedUp PC 2018. First, it is part of a rogue family where PCFixer Pro 2018 and Wise System Mechanic also belongs. Second, it is using deceiving method to get installed on random computers. Most of the time, SpeedUp PC 2018 enters the system as part of dubious software bundles and installed even without user’s consent.
It immediately initializes a scan after completing the installation process. Similar to most rogue software, SpeedUp PC 2018 detects large quantity of problems on system, files, and registries. Then, it proposes to solve the issues but you need to pay or activate SpeedUp PC 2018 first. This scheme is how makers of rogue application generate their profits. Actually, findings of this product are all unreal. It is a scare tactic that misleads user in order to force them to pay for the so-called full version of SpeedUp PC 2018. Apart from local scans, this rogue application is also using certain websites that run online scanning of visitors computer. As expected, it produces fake results and tries to deceive users to download a copy of SpeedUp PC 2018. Here is the content of the fake online scanner:
Your Windows is badly damaged! (33.2%)
Please download Speedup PC 2018 to remove the (3) viruses from your Windows:
Virus Name: Ransomware 2.0; Trojan.Win32.SendIP.15
Infected files: C:\WINDOWS\System32\migration\ADJF9009en.@*fg\windows.exe;/ C: \ WINDOWS \ System32 \ Drivers \ spoclsv.exe
Issues it identified on the computer are non-existent. So therefore, there is nothing to worry about all the alerts and warnings shown by SpeedUp PC 2018. Unfortunately, we cannot say that computer is safe at this point. Real threat that you must resolve is SpeedUp PC 2018 itself. We highly suggest immediate removal of this rogue application before it can further cause harm to the system. Aside from the risk, this resource-intensive program greatly reduces system performance that leads to software crashes.
Properly execute the procedures on this page to ensure total removal of SpeedUp PC 2018. Follow the steps in exact order and do not forget to run a full scan of virus and malware removal tool.
Online Security Scanner Report for mypcupdate.com:
|Not yet rated||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 18, 2018|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 18, 2018|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: July 18, 2018|
How to Remove SpeedUp PC 2018
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall SpeedUp PC 2018 from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select SpeedUp PC 2018 from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds SpeedUp PC 2018 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of SpeedUp PC 2018 using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for SpeedUp PC 2018 . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all SpeedUp PC 2018 entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that SpeedUp PC 2018 have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to SpeedUp PC 2018.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.