SpeedUp PC 2018 is a suspicious program but currently promoted as PC optimization and security tool. It claims to have a state of the art technology to keep PC’s running smooth, fast, and error-free. However, computer security experts noticed some irregularities with SpeedUp PC 2018. First, it is part of a rogue family where PCFixer Pro 2018 and Wise System Mechanic also belongs. Second, it is using deceiving method to get installed on random computers. Most of the time, SpeedUp PC 2018 enters the system as part of dubious software bundles and installed even without user’s consent.
It immediately initializes a scan after completing the installation process. Similar to most rogue software, SpeedUp PC 2018 detects large quantity of problems on system, files, and registries. Then, it proposes to solve the issues but you need to pay or activate SpeedUp PC 2018 first. This scheme is how makers of rogue application generate their profits. Actually, findings of this product are all unreal. It is a scare tactic that misleads user in order to force them to pay for the so-called full version of SpeedUp PC 2018. Apart from local scans, this rogue application is also using certain websites that run online scanning of visitors computer. As expected, it produces fake results and tries to deceive users to download a copy of SpeedUp PC 2018. Here is the content of the fake online scanner:
Your Windows is badly damaged! (33.2%)
Please download Speedup PC 2018 to remove the (3) viruses from your Windows:
Virus Name: Ransomware 2.0; Trojan.Win32.SendIP.15
Infected files: C:\WINDOWS\System32\migration\ADJF9009en.@*fg\windows.exe;/ C: \ WINDOWS \ System32 \ Drivers \ spoclsv.exe
Issues it identified on the computer are non-existent. So therefore, there is nothing to worry about all the alerts and warnings shown by SpeedUp PC 2018. Unfortunately, we cannot say that computer is safe at this point. Real threat that you must resolve is SpeedUp PC 2018 itself. We highly suggest immediate removal of this rogue application before it can further cause harm to the system. Aside from the risk, this resource-intensive program greatly reduces system performance that leads to software crashes.
Properly execute the procedures on this page to ensure total removal of SpeedUp PC 2018. Follow the steps in exact order and do not forget to run a full scan of virus and malware removal tool.
SpeedUp PC 2018 Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like SpeedUp PC 2018 through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like SpeedUp PC 2018, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete SpeedUp PC 2018 rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of SpeedUp PC 2018
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for SpeedUp PC 2018 and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall SpeedUp PC 2018 from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select SpeedUp PC 2018 from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove SpeedUp PC 2018 unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds SpeedUp PC 2018 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of SpeedUp PC 2018 using Anti-malware Program
To remove SpeedUp PC 2018 automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like SpeedUp PC 2018 that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to SpeedUp PC 2018.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.