Speedup Mac Pro is a program for Apple Macintosh operating system that belongs to questionable system optimizer family of rouge applications. The main objective of this bogus performance-enhancement product is to elude users to install it on their Mac system so that it can carry out the secondary purpose of running a false computer scan. Attackers are mainly using software bundling hoax to spread Speedup Mac Pro. It is not a surprise to find this rogue program from software bundles that are offered as free utilities, games, media player, or software update.
During the setup process of software bundle, only the host software is visible from users. They are unaware that several apps are added in the installation procedures and this includes Speedup Mac Pro. Thus, right after installation, users are astounded to see the optimization tool running a thorough scan on its own. But what worries them even more are the scan results produces by Speedup Mac Pro right after the full system diagnostics. Like old variants as My Mac Speedup and Super Mac Cleaner, this version intends to convince victims to urgently deal with system issues by purchasing the registered version of Speedup Mac Pro.
Bear in mind that Speedup Mac Pro is a rogue program, which originates from PCVARK family of potentially unwanted program. Provided system scan results by this clan are falsified to make it appear that immediate fix is necessary. In fact, the scanning process is merely simulation and it may fabricate identical results on another system.
There is no reason to fix Mac system with a threat like Speedup Mac Pro. The best thing to do is to eliminate this rogue application as soon as possible and scan the computer with legitimate security application. Full instructions to get rid of Speedup Mac Pro are outlined below.
Procedures to Remove Speedup Mac Pro
This section contains complete instructions to assist you in removing potentially unwanted program from Mac computer.
Procedures published on this page are written in method that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
To remove Speedup Mac Pro from Mac, follow the steps below.
- Quick Fix : Scan the Mac computer with the Combo Cleaner.
- Step 1 : End the Speedup Mac Pro process.
- Step 2 : Delete Login items associated with Speedup Mac Pro.
- Step 3 : Uninstall Speedup Mac Pro from the Applications folder.
- Step 4 : Delete Speedup Mac Pro files from your Mac computer.
- Step 5 : Run another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware and malware. Moreover, it can get rid of unwanted program like Speedup Mac Pro. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Speedup Mac Pro.
6. As shown in the image below, Combo Cleaner accurately detects Speedup Mac Pro rogue program. Proceed with the removal of the virus by upgrading Combo Cleaner to full version.
Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Quit Speedup Mac Pro Process
Before proceeding with the steps below, please close Speedup Mac Pro window if in case it is open.
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Choose All Processes from the upper right corner of the window.
3. Under Process Name column, look for Speedup Mac Pro. Click the name to select the malicious process.
4. Next, click the Quit Process button located in the upper left corner of the window.
5. When prompted, click on Force Quit.
6. You may now delete or remove files that belongs to Speedup Mac Pro. Proceed to the next steps.
Step 2 : Delete Speedup Mac Pro Login Items
Some malware also installs login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Speedup Mac Pro during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Speedup Mac Pro.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Speedup Mac Pro from listed entries and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
As stated, the creation of Login Items or profile is case-to-case basis. Some unwanted application may add their entry on this section but others are not concern on making one. So, if Speedup Mac Pro Login item is not present, please continue with the succeeding steps.
Step 3 : Delete Speedup Mac Pro Application
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find Speedup Mac Pro or any unwanted program.
4. Drag the Speedup Mac Pro to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 4 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed Speedup Mac Pro
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing Speedup Mac Pro to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for suspicious objects or folders with the following names and drag them to the Trash.
10. Repeat procedures 8 and 9 on the following folders if necessary.
11. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with names similar above and drag them to Trash.
12. Lastly, please Empty your Mac's Trash bin.
Step 5 : Run another Scan using MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Speedup Mac Pro.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Speedup Mac Pro is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
6. You may now restart the computer.