Speed Cleaner is an unacceptable computer tool or program that every user wishes get rid from the PC. It is deemed as invasive type of software that may be installed on the computer without user’s full knowledge. This kind of malware is spreading on thousand of computers worldwide through Internet connection. Software exploits and vulnerabilities in Internet browser programs are believed to be exploited by Speed Cleaner to gain access on target computer. Malicious links from social media sites and spam email messages also contributes to the delivery of Speed Cleaner onto victim’s PC.
When this potentially unwanted program is run on the system, it can perform various actions to take control of certain Windows functions. Furthermore, Speed Cleaner does not provide entries to instantly remove its code when user is not comfortable with it. In addition, this unknown security and optimization tool may block your Internet access to security web sites preventing you from downloading removal tools and proper guide to delete Speed Cleaner from the affected computer.
Once Speed Cleaner is running on the computer, it will begin to display fake warnings and pop-up alerts stating several infections detected on Windows operating system. Obviously, these alerts are just ploy to deceive computer users and force them to pay for the Speed Cleaner registration code.
As you can see, Speed Cleaner program was made to steal money from you using various method of deception. Never pay for this worthless program and execute the removal steps to eliminate this threat from the computer right away.
Speed Cleaner Removal Procedures
Getting rid of the unwanted program may require several scans using various security tools. We assure you that software we provided here are tested and proven effective to fight malware.
It is important that you carry out all the process to totally get rid of the threat. Procedures are provided in orderly and simple method.
Stage 1: Uninstall Speed Cleaner from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Speed Cleaner from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Speed Cleaner and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for Speed Cleaner ‘ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Speed Cleaner . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Speed Cleaner entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Speed Cleaner have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
13 thoughts on “How to remove Speed Cleaner”
Thanks so much for the help it worked.
Thanks man. your great.
IT TOTTALY WORKS! Thank you! I thought it would never come off! And I didn’t think you would have to use the internet to uninstall Speed Cleaner!
thanks for saving my computer.
Worked Perfectly!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, Chona Esjay. You rock!
Must say the stage 1 worked very well! Thank you very much for saving my computer.
I love you.
I do Technical Support for a living and I must say , this thing works for MOST things. BUT…unfortunately, it did not remove Speed Cleaner from a PC I was working on. Actually, I just removed it manually and cleaned the registry myself. So with that said….know this…..IT WILL NOT REMOVE IT ALL OF THE TIME! FYI.
Thank you for helping me get rid of it! But just a quick question, what did the first method actually do. I did download that link and than my command prompt asked if I wanted to delete it an I said yes. I was just wondering what the download actually did. If anyone knows, please reply. Thanks again for helping me get rid of it!
John, Stage 1 actually uninstalls the program Speed Cleaner. The link points to Uninstall file. When you execute the file, it automatically uninstall Speed Cleaner. So far, scanning the file using Malwarebytes shows that it is clean.
The first step, I thought it was fishy at first but wow! Not at all, Im so glad it remove speed cleaner,
it was everywhere on my laptop.
I was worried that Stage One was a virus it’s self but it’s not thank God! Seriously just used the link in stage one , type in yes when the command box comes up and you’re free at last!
Speed Cleaner is a total scam put out by One Bit It Co. They are a scam as well. They are located in Deerfield Beach, Florida and are a scam company that robs people.