Special-promotions.online is a web page that is aggressive on forcing web users to enable push notifications on their internet browser applications. If web user voluntarily or mistakenly allows such push notifications to be activated, the browser will immediately start producing a bunch of alerts that are actually advertisements. Surely, the web user will be extremely distracted while surfing the internet.
Special-promotions.online pop-up possibly opens on the browser through its pop-ups, which is trying to deceive the web user. If the web user does not allow such push notifications from Special-promotions.online, then its pop-ups will continue attacking the browser even more aggressively. At the same time, no matter how tricky the pop-ups from Special-promotions.online, the web user should not click on the “allow” button. Either notification is enabled intentionally or not, the point is, Special-promotions.online alerts will definitely disturb the web user’s browsing even more.
Once web user permits alerts from Special-promotions.online, numerous notifications will bombard the browser. Usually, alerts from the site consists of intrusive advertisements and pop-ups promoting fake software updates and downloads, unwanted programs, or any deceptive subjects. Moreover, once web user gets on the Special-promotions.online pop-up page, it can present hazardous content that may bring infections to the computer. There are instances that the Special-promotions.online pop-up will request the web user to click certain buttons on the page. The harmful part is, the button may be embedded with harmful code that runs automatically when clicked. One simple click can activate malware or any malicious operations on the computer.
The main reason why the web user gets redirected into Special-promotions.online is probably that some potentially unwanted application (PUA) messes up with the internet browser. Unwanted software could be a standalone application, or a browser add-on running on the computer for quite some time. Furthermore, potentially unwanted programs can initiate redirects, which trouble the browser’s performance. In order to end this issue, it is recommended to remove the malicious program from the computer by running a complete scan of anti-virus and anti-malware tools.
Procedures to Remove Special-promotions.online from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Step 1 : Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Special-promotions.online. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Special-promotions.online.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Special-promotions.online
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the hijacker. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Special-promotions.online or any suspicious objects, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Special-promotions.online.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Special-promotions.online is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Delete Special-promotions.online Login Items
Some browser hijacker may also install login item into compromised account under System Preferences. This object automatically runs Special-promotions.online during user log in.
1. Go to Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
2. Select Users & Groups from the preferences window.
3. You may need to Unlock this area in order to make changes. Click on the Lock icon on lower left corner of the window.
4. Next, select user account that runs Special-promotions.online.
5. Click on Login Items tab.
6. Select Special-promotions.online or any suspicious entries from the list and click on the minus [-] button and confirm your actions. Please see image below for reference.
Step 5: Block Special-promotions.online Pop-up Notification from Google Chrome
The small box appearing on sidebar or taskbar bearing the web address of Special-promotions.online is called Push Notifications. Most of the time, removing the browser extension that enforces it is enough to stop the pop-ups. Hence, if Special-promotions.online pop-ups persistently appears, this guide is helpful in blocking it manually.
1. On the address bar, please type the following strings and press Return on keyboard:
2. Navigate to "Allow" section and locate Special-promotions.online.
3. Click on More Actions button (3 dots) and select Block from the list. You may also choose Remove but blocking is more preferred to avoid encountering the same in the future.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by Special-promotions.online. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select Special-promotions.online or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with Special-promotions.online.