SongLyrics pop-up is listed as an adware because it is an ad-driven program and gets into computer without user’s permission. It may appear on new tab of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, while it pop-ups as a new window on Google Chrome. When SongLyrics ad is visible on the browser, it implies that malicious code is present.
This unwanted browser add-on or extension was made to send web traffic to partners and clients that are paying adware authors for this task. SongLyrics adware able to reach target users through downloaded freeware that is bundled with malicious code. Upon installation, most users are not aware that SongLyrics is also loading. It drops add-on on the browser causing it to display unwanted lyrics and advertisements whenever YouTube or any similar site is visited.
Aside from ‘Ads by SongLyrics’ pop-up, user may also see noticeable changes on the browser. Other pop-up may bear the title ‘Powered by SongLyrics’ but also reveals the same endorsements. Search results will be redirected to unsolicited pages as well as new tab and home page. System performance is likewise affected by SongLyrics causing it to slow-down.
As you can see, this malicious browser add-on brings no benefit towards end-user. It is just a code added to your browser in order for an attacker to earn profit utilizing your own PC. We highly encourage removal of SongLyrics adware as soon as possible before it can cause additional harm on the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for songlyrics.jamboz.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: May 30, 2015|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: May 30, 2015|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: May 30, 2015|
How to Remove SongLyrics
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to SongLyrics. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove SongLyrics Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted SongLyrics from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of SongLyrics on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with SongLyrics. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to SongLyrics.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. SongLyrics should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by SongLyrics and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.