SoftwareBundler:Win32/DealPly is a name given by Microsoft security software to a group of programs that likely installs DealPly into the computer without taking permission from the user. There is a number of this program that promotes the adware. In general, SoftwareBundler:Win32/DealPly is not the adware itself, but programs or codes that is relevant to the adware. Security program may identify the item as a program, code, or even simple file that is linked to DealPly.
SoftwareBundler:Win32/DealPly adds some code into the browser like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. It is also responsible for various web browser changes like search redirects and home page manipulation.
The term ‘SoftwareBundler’ is included in the threat detection from Microsoft security software that covers one or more brand of installer that bundles an adware with it. In this case, any program that attempts to load DealPly adware into the PC will be identified as SoftwareBundler:Win32/DealPly.
In the name SoftwareBundler:Win32/DealPly, you can easily figure out the target brand for the detection. Win32/DealPly is an adware program that shows ads on the computer. It contains coupons, savings, and various deals on the web. It intends to display an ad that matches your preferences. To do this, Win32/DealPly monitors your browsing habit and collects sensitive data from the computer. Win32/DealPly is bundled with other programs that can be identified as SoftwareBundler:Win32/DealPly.
Some of the programs that were detected as SoftwareBundler:Win32/DealPly includes FLV Player and fake Adobe Flash Update.
How to Remove SoftwareBundler:Win32/DealPly
Stage 1: Scan the computer with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for SoftwareBundler:Win32/DealPly. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all SoftwareBundler:Win32/DealPly entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. Please remove/delete all detected items.
Stage 2: Double-check the system and remove remnants of SoftwareBundler:Win32/DealPly
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds SoftwareBundler:Win32/DealPly and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect, please remove all detected threats.
6. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close the tool. We hope that SoftwareBundler:Win32/DealPly have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows and proceed with the normal operation.