Social New Page will be presented on the browser if computer is compromised with potentially unwanted program or adware. In normal situation, ads shown by Social New Page are usually targeted based on collected data from victims. This adware monitors your browsing habit such as web site you have visited, interested category, and anything that is relevant to your online interests.
Social New Page deliver contextual ads in various formats. It can be pop-up ads, banners, in-line, redirects, or full page promotion. These ads can be as safe as other online promos if not only for adware authors that are utilizing this kind of endorsement to spread malicious programs. Thus, be cautious when clicking links from Social New Page advertisements.
Adware such as this can be difficult to remove due to various adware that was dropped on the computer. Simple scan can delete Social New Page but it may resurface when you restart the computer. It is a common practice for adware authors to bundle various malicious programs into one installation package. Thus, when you install Social New Page, other adware will get installed in the background without your knowledge. Even known and reputable software makers are into this bundling technique, however, they will seek for your approval most of the time.
The only way to avoid unwanted program like Social New Page from getting inside your PC is by being safe while surfing the net. As much as possible download programs only from valid sources. It is also vital to have a security software that is capable of blocking malicious downloads and internet traffic.
In order to remove Social New Page together with other adware that comes with it, we have provided a simple guide on this page. Using various malware scanners is recommended to delete all hidden adware files that were dropped on different location of your computer.
SocialNewPagePlus New Tab
Another variant of this threat is called SocialNewPagePlus. Just like the original product, this PUP aims to attract social networking websites users.
Online Security Scanner Report for Socialnewpage.com
|Online Scanner||Scan Findings||Updated on||Google Safe Browsing||No unsafe content found||Oct. 16, 2020|
|Norton Safe Web||Caution||Oct. 16, 2020|
|Sucuri SiteCheck||Medium Security Risk||Oct. 16, 2020|
Social New Page Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Socialnewpage.com hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete Social New Page Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Social New Page.
Remove Social New Page Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find Social New Page or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Social New Page Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to Social New Page and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Socialnewpage.com is also gone from the homepage.
Remove Social New Page Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of Social New Page from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete Socialnewpage.com from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Social New Page is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from Socialnewpage.com, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select Social New Page or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove Social New Page automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like Social New Page that assigns Socialnewpage.com as the homepage URL.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Social New Page.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including Social New Page and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Social New Page browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Socialnewpage.com still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Social New Page on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Socialnewpage.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Social New Page.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Social New Page. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Socialnewpage.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Social New Page. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Social New Page. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Social New Page. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Social New Page.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Social New Page extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Social New Page. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Social New Page should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Social New Page and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.