Smart System Care claims to be PC protection software but after diagnostics, we noticed that it belongs to a group of Potentially Unwanted Program. Aside from that, the program is also linked to a variety of adware that was used to deploy a copy of Smart System Care and have it installed on the computer without user’s full knowledge.
Free games, media players, download manager, and utilities are just some carriers of Smart System Care. Therefore, it is vital to stay away from such freeware. Instead, download and install software that are reputable and those that are being serve on trusted websites.
In the event that dubious free software was downloaded and executed, the process will not only load the main program. Smart System Care and other unwanted applications may also take place on the computer without a notice. The progression is discrete and it can even evade detection from some security software.
Once Smart System Care is installed, it immediately runs a scan on the computer. It will send catchy messages and warnings to get users attention. Things like infected files, security issues, and performance concern are just some factors that will be raise by Smart System Care in order to convince user into purchasing the full version of the program.
It is a common scheme by rogue software to scan and detect false issues. It will only allow user to fix the problems after purchasing the registration key and program has activated. Thus, every attempt of user to repair the computer using this program will redirect them to a merchant webpage prompting for payment to activate Smart System Care.
Instead of being a victim to this rogue application, we recommend that you remove Smart System Care from the computer as soon as you can. Below are simple guide and tools to help you eliminate this threat.
Online Security Scanner Report for syscarelogics.biz:
|No issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 19, 2019|
|High risk||Feedback: PUP||Updated: Jan. 19, 2019|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Jan. 19, 2019|
Smart System Care Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Smart System Care from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Smart System Care from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
4. When another window opens, which recommends free program, just click on “No, I want to uninstall“.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Smart System Care and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Smart System Care using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Smart System Care . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Smart System Care entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Smart System Care have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan from the menu to see available Scan Method.
6. Next, click on Threat Scan. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Smart System Care.
7. Click Start Scan button to begin checking the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.