Smart PC Mechanic claims to improve the performance of your computer to an extraordinary level. It is promoted as fully featured program that can clean up registry, remove adware, and improve boot time through its Startup Manager. However, it was found out that Smart PC Mechanic is linked to some adware and is using dishonest scheme to sneak onto PC. It can enter the computer by means of PUP and other carrier called software bundles.
Free utilities, games, file downloader, media players, and bogus software update are just some freeware that can help Smart PC Mechanic to enter the computer in stealthy manner. Therefore, it is important to stay away from suspicious freeware and third-party programs especially if sources are unsound. Download free software only from reputable web sites to avoid rogue program like Smart PC Mechanic.
The moment user installs malicious freeware, some PUP, adware, including Smart PC Mechanic will also be loaded onto computer even without a permission. The installation processes of unwanted programs are normally discrete and can evade detection of most anti-virus product.
Once Smart PC Mechanic is installed on the computer, it initiates on its own and scan the computer for possible errors. Obviously, it will issue catchy errors and warning alerts to scare computer users and make them believe on possible occurrences of various troubles. Issues it will raise include malware threats, system performance issues, software issues, startup problems, and many more.
Similar to most bogus security application, Smart PC Mechanic requires paid activation of the program before it can fix identified issues. Thus, every attempt of user to repair the computer will pop-up an activation page and links to purchase Smart PC Mechanic registration code. It is clear that this program was made solely to be sold in fraudulent scheme. Authors are hoping to generate revenue by deceiving computer users.
Smart PC Mechanic Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Smart PC Mechanic through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Smart PC Mechanic, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Smart PC Mechanic rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Smart PC Mechanic
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Smart PC Mechanic and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Smart PC Mechanic from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Smart PC Mechanic from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Smart PC Mechanic unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Smart PC Mechanic and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Smart PC Mechanic using Anti-malware Program
To remove Smart PC Mechanic automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Smart PC Mechanic that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Smart PC Mechanic.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.