After several tests, we found out that Simple Disk Optimizer is bundled to some adware. This can be dangerous when run on the computer. Simple Disk Optimizer may have indirect relation to bundled programs; however, this type of deployment method is only evident to malicious programs. Questionable files attached to Simple Disk Optimizer may not be as dangerous as computer virus, but somehow may endanger the privacy of its user.
Simple Disk Optimizer is presented as a tool to optimize your hard disk. It scans the computer and helps you free-up spaces by deleting duplicated files and folders. It could be a useful tool if not only for the annoyances that it brings. Simple Disk Optimizer is ad-supported software. Meaning, it needs to pop-up ads on your computer in order to generate online profit. This is the reason why some software are provided free. Their objective is to earn via ads and other online promotion.
To give you targeted and appealing ads, Simple Disk Optimizer is equipped with a code that monitors your browsing habit. It records every visited web sites, search queries, and products you are opting to purchase online. Simple Disk Optimizer may also steal sensitive data and personal information.
In general, users who are dealing with Simple Disk Optimizer may experience not only pop-up advertisements. It may also cause browser redirects as part of its advertising venture. Another purpose of Simple Disk Optimizer is to generate web traffics pointing to partners web sites. Overall, these are vital for online advertising and promotion.
To stop Simple Disk Optimizer from bothering you, this adware needs to be eliminated. Below are procedures to help you delete this adware totally. Scan the computer with suggested anti-malware and anti-virus tools to ensure that there will be no more remains of Simple Disk Optimizer.
Online Security Scanner Report for simplestar.com:
|Warning||Feedback: Threats found||Updated: Jan. 11, 2017|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Jan. 11, 2017|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Jan. 11, 2017|
How to Remove Simple Disk Optimizer
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Stage 1: Uninstall Simple Disk Optimizer from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. “Uninstall or Change a Program” window will open. Select Simple Disk Optimizer from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Simple Disk Optimizer and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for leftover of Simple Disk Optimizer using Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Simple Disk Optimizer . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Simple Disk Optimizer entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Simple Disk Optimizer have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Stage 4: Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to Simple Disk Optimizer.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.