Silver Speedup is a bogus security and optimization tool that is affiliated with PC Accelerate Pro malware family. It arrives at the computer uninvited, concealing itself to a number of freeware and dubious third-party applications. Users who love to get hold of freeware originating from suspicious websites often tumble to catch Silver Speedup and similar threats.
How does Silver Speedup infects the computer?
Apart from utilizing dozens of downloading sources, makers of Silver Speedup can also pursue victims with published websites purporting to be online scanners. When a web user arrives on the site through a series of browser redirects, it issues page containing false information alleging problematic issues on the visitor’s computer system. Additionally, fake software updates that aggressively pop-ups on the browser can also install Silver Speedup even without the consent of users.
More about Silver Speedup
Eventually, users are advised by the same alarming page to download Silver Speedup as the sole app that can put an end to identified troubles. As the computer user proceeds with the recommendation, Silver Speedup takes advantage of the situation to issue additional convincing techniques to augment the chances of selling a paid version of Silver Speedup. Further line of misleading tactics includes local scanning of the system once Silver Speedup is downloaded and installed. As a scare-ware, it is also expected for this rogue program to display illusory warnings and pop-up alerts. Silver Speedup can do this all day to assure victims that computer is neither secured nor rightfully optimized. It is also weird to know that Silver Speedup discovers the same diagnosis even on newly bought and fresh PC.
To sum up, Silver Speedup was made from the prototype of QnetSpeed, Smart ACPC, Affairs Speedup, and so on. This is evident on identical graphical user interface (GUI) and method of persuading victims to disburse their money for this skeptical piece of enhancement tool. If Silver Speedup finds a way to penetrate a computer, nothing needs to be done except from uninstalling it as soon as possible. Complete instruction below is helpful as long as it is properly executed.
Please take note of the files and folders relevant to Silver Speedup. You may need to delete them manually if left behind after the removal process. These files can be found under the Program Files folder.
- SilverSpeedup (32 bit).exe
Silver Speedup Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Silver Speedup through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Silver Speedup, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Silver Speedup rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Silver Speedup
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Silver Speedup and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Silver Speedup from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Silver Speedup from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Silver Speedup unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Silver Speedup and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Silver Speedup using Anti-malware Program
To remove Silver Speedup automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Silver Speedup that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Silver Speedup.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.