Shopop, or also known as Shop Pop is a browser add-on made for known browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. It is actually an application integrated into the browser and issues pop-up advertisements that are related to your search queries. Shopop ads appears on top of the search results as shown in the image below.
Shopop is not a virus. Technically, it is an adware that is typically packed with other software that you may download from certain hosts. It works by installing a browser extension on target browser and also loads files and a couple of registry settings. All of these items can be removed from the computer when you run the Uninstall process of Shopop.
Installation files for Shopop can be obtained from official web site are you feel the need for this program. But as said earlier, most computer users who encounter it have no idea how the software got into the computer. They are not aware that Shopop adware is loaded together with downloaded programs. Installation of the adware may not be noticeable though if you load the downloaded software with default settings. Next time you will download free program, it is vital to be aware on what comes with it. Running the install process in custom manner can help you exclude unwanted apps like Shopop.
Online Security Scanner Report for shopop.me:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 22, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Jan. 22, 2014|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Jan. 22, 2014|
How to Remove Shopop Adware
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Shopop
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Shopop or My Pop Shop entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Shopop. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Shopop from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Shopop on the affected browser.