Shop Now New Tab claims to have all the tools that user needs for online shopping. It offers better online shopping experience by providing quick access to top recommended shops and stores. Shop Now New Tab seems to be useful particularly to those that are into online shopping. It may present helpful features, however, be reminded that installing this program may have an impact on your browser’s configuration.
Once user installs Shop Now New Tab, it directly modifies homepage settings. In addition, default search settings will likewise have the same adjustment. In short, this program will have control on the main aspect of your online browsing and searching. The goal is simply to generate profit by incorporating own advertisements on every outcome that you derived from its search function. It maybe unnoticeable, but not all links produces on the result page are valid. Some are just plain paid links that mean to deliver internet traffic to advertisers’ websites.
Due to this intrusive behavior, some computer users regard Shop Now New Tab as one kind of virus. Technically, it is not considered as hazardous as computer virus. Computer security experts properly categorized Shop Now New Tab as potentially unwanted program (PUP). This group of programs mainly targets internet applications, and in this case, it is compatible to Google Chrome. There were no reports that it can affect other browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Edge.
Though Shop Now New Tab is not as harmful as computer viruses, it may still inflict troubles on your browsing habit. Advertisements, redirects, and unwanted modifications are just some hassles we noticed while experimenting with this extension. In order to bring back the browser to its normal state; you can just simply remove Shop Now New Tab extension. It is also advisable to scan the computer with anti-virus and anti-malware tools to ensure that PC is free from any threats.
How to Remove Shop Now New Tab
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Shop Now New Tab
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Shop Now New Tab entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Shop Now New Tab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Shop Now New Tab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Shop Now New Tab on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Shop Now New Tab from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Shop Now New Tab from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Shop Now New Tab by clicking on Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Shop Now New Tab removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Shop Now New Tab. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Shop Now New Tab. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.