SeeMoviesOnline is an extension made specifically for Google Chrome browser. On its Chrome Store page, it is described as an extension that lets user easily search the web for unlimited free music, movies, and articles. SeeMoviesOnline also claims to protect user’s online privacy by preventing any tracking mechanism of other search engines.
When fully installed, SeeMoviesOnline can override settings of homepage and default search engine. Searches made through affected browser are diverted to random search engine. As we can see it, makers of SeeMoviesOnline aim to generate online profit by displaying advertisements on the search result pages.
SeeMoviesOnline is presently promoted through various web pages that display advertisements for this browser extension. Unfortunately, nearly all websites that endorses the use of this program are suspicious. They are either a redirect pages caused by adware infection or pop-ups that initializes from questionable URL. Hence, its creators are employing deceiving techniques to entice users into installing SeeMoviesOnline browser extension.
Since SeeMoviesOnline features are not ultimately unique, there is no reason to let it stay on the browser. Popular search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing can also provide the same search result when looking of online movies, music, artists, and so on. These valid search engines will never require users to install extension that overrides various settings before it can be fully functional. Thus, it is still much safer and practical to utilize popular search engines.
If there is a need to remove SeeMoviesOnline from Google Chrome browser, you can do so by executing the procedures below. Carry out the guide in exact method as outlined below to ensure complte removal of SeeMoviesOnline.
Online Security Scanner Report for seemoviesonline.stream:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Jan. 20, 2018|
|High risk||Feedback: Malicious site||Updated: Jan. 20, 2018|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Jan. 20, 2018|
How to Remove SeeMoviesOnline
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall SeeMoviesOnline
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove SeeMoviesOnline entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to SeeMoviesOnline. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted SeeMoviesOnline from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of SeeMoviesOnline on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove SeeMoviesOnline from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove SeeMoviesOnline from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete SeeMoviesOnline by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of SeeMoviesOnline removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from SeeMoviesOnline. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by SeeMoviesOnline. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.