SearchMore is classed as browser hijacker or homepage redirect adware. This malicious and intrusive extension can bring harm onto computer and targeted browser application. After it sneaks into the PC via deception method, it will start to mess up with internet programs. SearchMore was made to invade your browser’s homepage, new tab, and search engine settings.
Keep in mind that SearchMore is one type of adware that causes other malware to enter the computer. Therefore, you should not ignore its presence. The sooner you takeout this adware, the less damage it can cause. In addition, SearchMore may also steal sensitive data from computer. This adware records visited websites, search inquiries, and other relevant information, which it can use to intensify displaying of advertisements on your browser program.
It is too risky to have SearchMore on the computer. Troubles it can bring on the system and internet browser applications are countless. There is a high possibility that SearchMore will completely alter settings of browser, leaving its own dubious search engine and homepage as the new default. Users authority is often not seek when pulling off this vicious step. With this unwanted interference, some people regard SearchMore as some kind of computer virus.
In technical aspects, we cannot consider SearchMore as virus or malware. It is more appropriate to be in the group of Adware or Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP). Even though, never underestimate the amount of danger it can cause to ones online security. Not to mention the mess it can set off on browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Edge. Therefore, we highly suggest urgent removal of SearchMore. On this page are simple guide that you can use in getting rid of this adware and liberate your PC from the risk and danger of SearchMore.
Online Security Scanner Report for searchmore.ru:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||July 04, 2017|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||July 04, 2017|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||July 04, 2017|
How to Remove SearchMore
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall SearchMore
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove SearchMore entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to SearchMore. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted SearchMore from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of SearchMore on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove SearchMore from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove SearchMore from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete SearchMore by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of SearchMore removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from SearchMore. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by SearchMore. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.