Search&Go is a browser hijacker that is part of a large group of adware family. This browser hijacker is bundled with suspicious free software that you may obtain from internet, especially when visiting questionable download sites. Once Search&Go and associated adware is installed on the PC, it directly set the homepage and search engine to said web address.
The homepage itself is not considered harmful, particularly if it is utilizing known search provider. However, if ever it is resolving to unknown search engine other than Google, Bing, or Yahoo, there is a possibility that it can cause some harm on the computer. Redirecting to dubious search portal also endangers your online privacy.
Although, some valid programs also changes homepage and search settings on the computer, it is mostly with mandate of the computer user. In the case of Search&Go, it alters these vital settings on the browser without seeking for user’s approval. Modifications are done abruptly during the initialization of the adware or downloaded freeware. Sadly, some free software does not disclose these proceedings. Due to these intrusive changes, most people suppose it as some kind of virus infection.
After learning that Search&Go is not a type of computer virus, we still do not recommend this unknown search to stay on your homepage. Your computer and online privacy may be compromised with its presence. Thus, we highly urge you to get rid of this adware by scanning the computer with highly suggested anti-malware tool. Follow the procedures on this page to effectively remove Search&Go and all relevant adware from the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for searchngo.ru:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No data||Updated: Jan. 14, 2019|
|Minimal risk||Feedback: No data||Updated: Jan. 14, 2019|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: Jan. 14, 2019|
Search&Go Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Search&Go
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Search&Go entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Search&Go. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Search&Go from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Search&Go on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Search&Go from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Search&Go from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Search&Go by clicking on Remove or Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Search&Go removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Search&Go. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down to bottom, then click Advanced…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Clean Up section.
5. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset Settings button to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Search&Go. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also run Chrome Cleanup function from this page. An integrated tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.