SearchConverterPro is classed as potentially unwanted program (PUP) that takes aim on infecting popular internet software like Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. At some point, it is also tagged as adware because its operations rely heavily on ads, whether for deployment or income generating purposes. Once SearchConverterPro is installed on the computer, web users are going to encounter an extensive display of advertisements like pop-up, redirects, and banners.
How SearchConverterPro infects the computer?
Adware like SearchConverterPro can end up on the computer in so many ways. Hence, most of these are without the full consent of computer user. There are reports that SearchConverterPro suddenly comes up on the browser immediately after computer users executed the installation of free software. Probably, the setup procedure was run in default and that only means that users have no option to see the entire inclusion in the software package. Ordinary computer users are unaware that most freeware are distributed as bundled app. Meaning, aside from the main freeware, there are other programs in the package like SearchConverterPro or similar threats as FireMovieSearch, StreamSearchWizard, and many more. The only way to see through this package is by running the setup with Custom or Advanced method. However, non-technical computer users never resort to this mode and install the program in their usual routine. As such, all inclusions get on-board during the installation process and it consists of adware like SearchConverterPro .
In addition to software bundling technique, web users may cross the path with SearchConverterPro through malicious advertisements. On this tactic, adware makers are empowering underground ad network to release a marketing strategy that will deceive web users and compel them to install SearchConverterPro . Aside from promoting the tool as valuable browser extension, some ads may pose as warning alerts telling web users to update certain obsolete software on their computer. Unknown to them, the fake update file will install adware like SearchConverterPro.
Occurrence of SearchConverterPro on the browser paves the way for excessive display of advertisements. It also consumes internet resources on heavy pop-ups and redirects that intends to generate profit for the creator of SearchConverterPro . Basically, the end-user gains no benefit from this adware. Therefore, we highly suggest removing it from the computer using the guide and tools below.
SearchConverterPro Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting browser hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete SearchConverterPro Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to SearchConverterPro.
Remove SearchConverterPro Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find SearchConverterPro or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall SearchConverterPro Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to SearchConverterPro and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that SearchConverterPro is also gone from the homepage.
Remove SearchConverterPro Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of SearchConverterPro from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete unwanted entry from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If SearchConverterPro is still present on the IE browser and there are still unwanted homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select SearchConverterPro or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove SearchConverterPro automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-virus tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like SearchConverterPro that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like SearchConverterPro.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to SearchConverterPro and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the SearchConverterPro browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of SearchConverterPro on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces hijacking, redirects, and pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by SearchConverterPro.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to SearchConverterPro. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with the hijacker.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by SearchConverterPro. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with SearchConverterPro. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from SearchConverterPro. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of SearchConverterPro.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed SearchConverterPro extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to SearchConverterPro. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. SearchConverterPro should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by SearchConverterPro and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.