Search.viewsearch.net is a search tool that overrides home page of browser running on Mac system. It may have come from recent freeware installation where it is bundled as add-on. There are also instances that user may acquire this adware from another potentially unwanted program that was made specifically to spread Search.viewsearch.net. In most cases, PUP’s are presented as media players, free games, utilities, download manager, and bogus software update.
When malicious search tool is loaded into the computer, user will begin to notice instant changes on home page and default search engine. In particular, your old settings will be override with that of adware, thus, Search.viewsearch.net will be visible on start-up page. Performing online search also utilizes same web address, which produces ineffectual information.
Existence of Search.viewsearch.net, or also dubbed as Search! View Search; only confirm that Macintosh system is under the operation of malicious program. Running a local virus scan may help a little, but in cases of adware infection, virus removal is insufficient most of the time. Manually removing extensions and adware files is the key but it may be too complex to accomplish by ordinary computer users.
One sure and easy way to remove Search.viewsearch.net hijacker from Mac OS and affected browser is to run both anti-virus and consequently, anti-malware scan. It can restore all unauthorized changes made on the browser and clear unnecessary settings. For a complete guide please see the special section below. Be sure to follow the procedures fully to get rid of Search.viewsearch.net effectively.
Online Security Scanner Report for search.viewsearch.net:
|No issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 29, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 29, 2016|
|Currently safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 29, 2016|
Procedures to Remove Search.viewsearch.net Hijacker from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Step 1: Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Search.viewsearch.net
Adware and malware normally adds extension to the browser that may result to various unwanted redirects and pop-ups. We need to find and delete this add-on.
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware. To do this, please follow the procedure depending on affected browser.
Safari – Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome – Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox – Choose Add-ons from the Tools menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Search.viewsearch.net, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed Search.viewsearch.net
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder…
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
The term unknown is just a representation of the actual malware name. It is normally an unfamiliar file name such as the following:
– Kyushuplow, Ratplee, InstallMac, Zebrouss, Polebeary, Manroling, Genieo, Pastcost, Montageobox, Opinteks, Inkeeper, Portsayd, Listchack, Smokycap, Gingerbroom, or Fozhand
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the Search.viewsearch.net to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
Important: Take note of all the suspicious files as you may also delete the same item on another folder as we go on.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Please restart the computer.
7. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
8. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step 4. Drag them to the Trash.
Optional: For locked files that cannot be removed, do the following:
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Select the process you want to quit.
3. Click on Force Quit button.
4. You may now delete or remove locked files that belongs to Search.viewsearch.net.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Search.viewsearch.net.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Search.viewsearch.net is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4 : Reset the default Home Page and Search Engine
– Open your Safari browser.
– Go to Safari Menu located on upper left hand corner, and then select Preferences.
– Under General tab, type the desired URL to replace Search.viewsearch.net on Home Page area.
– To set the default search engine, please go back to Safari Preferences.
– Click on Search and select the desired search engine from the list.
– Open Chrome browser.
– Type the following on the address bar and press Enter on keyboard : chrome://settings/
– Look for ‘On Startup’ area.
– Select ‘Open a specific page or set of pages’.
– Click on Set pages.
– Enter the desired web address as your home page, replacing Search.viewsearch.net.
– To set default search engine, go to Search area.
– Click on ‘Manage search engines…‘ button.
– Highlight the desired Search Engine and Click on ‘Make Default‘.
– On the same window, highlight Search.viewsearch.net and Click “X” to delete it.
– Run Mozilla Firefox browser.
– Type the following on the address bar and hit Enter on keyboard : about:preferences
– On Startup area, select ‘Show my home page when Firefox starts’.
– Under Home Page field, type the desired URL.
– To configure default search engine, select Search on left sidebar to display settings.
– Under Default Search Engine list, please select one.
– On the same page, you have an option to Remove unwanted search engine.